disappearing apps(amazon) in folders

pfiz113

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
i noticed that at times, some of the apps i d/l from amazon appstore would disappear from my homescreen folders and in the app drawer. for example angry birds rio and backbreaker football game are 2 apps i got from amazon and sometimes they would not appear in the "games" folder i created. if i reboot, then it would show up. also at times the icon would be the generic market icon instead of the app icon.

also i noticed that sometimes i would not be able to open a folder if i tried to open it. Some minor issues, nothing major, but i just want to see if anyone else had these issues. btw, i have a stock Bolt and i am using Launcer Pro Plus.

BrianFX

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Same issue - Amazon app store games are showing up with the generic market icon when I put them into folders. Annoying, but doesn't break functionality. Hoping it gets fixed.

-Epic 4G with Launcher Pro

Buzzy42

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Funny, I just was noticing the same issue and was wondering if I was going nuts. Although for me it's not EVERY game from Amazon. In my case the 2 "free for the day" Angry Birds AND the Marketplace-downloaded original Angry Birds (free version) all do it.

The icons are fine in the app drawer, though, only wrong on a games folder I have on my home screen. (how do I tell where the folder is stored? I just made a new folder through Personalization)

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Every game that I have on my SD card has a default icon when within a folder. It's annoying and I haven't found a solution other than moving the game to phone memory. My apps and games are all downloaded from the Android Market. I don't think it's due to Amazon market since it happens with Android Market downloads too.

Like stated above it doesn't effect functionality. But I like seeing the icons, not the default robot.

rcpa

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Mine disappeared when I had the SD card mounted as a disk drive. It freaked me out for a while because they just simply looked like they were gone. Then I noticed that they came back when I remounted the SD card. That's when I figured out that Amazon puts the apps on the SD card by default.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton