Custom contact ringtones working intermittently

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
They seem to be working just fine now... I must have rebooted at some point but I'm having no issues. I can easily distinguish when my gf is calling now :)

kindongo

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Atrix Custom ringtone problems

I?m having the same problems with my Atrix, I set the custom ring tones to my contacts and then after a couples of days they disappear from the contacts and appears as a ?unknown ringtone?.

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I?m having the same problems with my Atrix, I set the custom ring tones to my contacts and then after a couples of days they disappear from the contacts and appears as a ?unknown ringtone?.

The bold text is the root cause of your problem... nah I'm just kidding...

Try resaving the ringtone with Ringdroid as a notification and as a ringtone. Try both.

Slapnpop826

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here. What I have noticed is the ringtones work when a call come is while the phone is unlocked. If the phone is locked, it always plays the default ringtone.

Stryker395

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I would like to bump this thread because I've tried most of the solutions listed and my exhibit 2 still does the same thing. I got rid of mp3ringtone maker and I'm using ringdroid now. It's worth a shot. Same problem persists though with it being a 50/50 on whether or not it will ring custom or default. I am not rooted, and I'm trying to hold out on rooting for a little while right now. Any suggestions? Did anyone solve this?

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I use Ringtone Maker and have had no problems. The app is stored on the sd card so i believe that's where the mp3's are stored as well. I'm rooted though, and still running GB .9 on my tbolt.

Stryker395

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I've seemingly tried everything I know. It's like the phone has a mind of its own. The odds of getting my custom ringtone to play for a contact is about 50/50 on a good day. I still have no idea why the phone is getting confused.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke