1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How hot does your Thunderbolt get?

Just curious, i checked today and saw that the battery was at 129.7F running Skype when i looked at the Battery Monitor Widget. My phone is not rooted, wifi, bluetooth, gps and background data disabled. What temps are you guys getting?

That seems pretty hot, but I'm not an expert.

The highest temp mine has gotten to was around 101. It's usually between 88-96 degrees.

That's really hot. I'm running about 83 degrees.

anyway to change the Celsius measurement over to Fahrenheit?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by gerardv514 View Post
    anyway to change the Celsius measurement over to Fahrenheit?
    if you are talking about in the battery monitor widget, go into Menu>settings>Monitoring preferences>Temperature Unit
    Energy hoarder

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Over 115/118 is starting to get too hot.

Mine runs 85-111 depending on ambient temp and usage.

What battery monitoring widget are you guys using to check temperature? I'd only been able to find mine (which also seems to get hot at times) via *#*#4636#*#*. Thanks.

ROM
    Das BAMF Remix v1.6.3

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    if you are talking about in the battery monitor widget, go into Menu>settings>Monitoring preferences>Temperature Unit
    Say what? Nothing like this shows up in my phone's settings menu.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by TigersFIMA View Post
    What battery monitoring widget are you guys using to check temperature? I'd only been able to find mine (which also seems to get hot at times) via *#*#4636#*#*. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by major_works View Post
    Say what? Nothing like this shows up in my phone's settings menu.
    you need to install it. go to the market and search for "battery monitor widget"
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by TigersFIMA View Post
    Set CPU Widget

I have had my TB get very hot after long usages of just surfing the net. I had to get a case for it. I sometimes feel it get hot after I have been surfing for awhile.

When I mean awhile I mean like more than 45 minutes with the screen on constantly. I remember my droid 2 got super hot too when you did a lot of stuff with it so I am not worried. I usually stop playing with it when it gets to hot.

I recommend some kind of case if your going to be using it extensively.

ROM
    BAMF SoaB v1.04

Average temps are 79 - 83 degrees according to the little HTC battery widget. The phone never gets uncomfortably hot in my hand.

My Droid 2 and Droid X used to get much hotter with the same amount of use.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9 ICS 4.0.4

No idea of an exact temp on my phone but tonight It almost felt like I was going to burn my hand picking it up two hours after using the 4g hotspot with my macbook. Guess thats why they call it HOTSPOT tethering..smh.

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    ROM
    DAS BAMF 1.6.3 LeanKernel

Oh it gets hot all right, even with just 30 minutes of web surfing - that is Google Reader app, then USA Today app, then back and forth with Dolphin browser.

ROM
    Stock

Default phone temp stuck at 76.1

Has anyone else experienced the phone temp reading 76.1 all the time? It never varies. Something has to be wrong with my phone, right?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful View Post
    Over 115/118 is starting to get too hot.

Mine runs 85-111 depending on ambient temp and usage.
    that's kinda a problem since when it's about low 70s ambient, the highest it reaches is around 115F already. when ambient is around 90, that is when it starts to reach the 120s.