Robots Will Kill
The application Google Services Framework (process com.google.process.gapps) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
From Google Mobile Help:
1) Determine what is crashing the framework. Go to Menu>Setting>Accounts and sync. Click on your account. You will see a list of data items that are being synchronized (contacts, web, calendar, etc). Deselect all of them, then select them one at a time, waiting for the little sync icon to go away indicating that sync occurred successfully. You should be able to reproducibly crash com.google.process.gapps on one of them. Then you know the problem is in that one.
2) Back up your data in that category as many ways as you can: I exported a csv file from google.com/contacts, and I also exported a backup file to the sd card from the phone's contact app. AND I used MyPhoneExplorer to sync with Outlook. As it turned out for me, when I saved a csv file from google contacts, in the google csv format, google contacts failed to read that same file and gave no helpful error messages, so that failed as a backup and as a troubleshooting method. Hence the usefulness of multiple backups!
3) Delete all of the __ (whatever won't sync) from either google or the phone. I'm not sure which is better, but I deleted from google and it worked out.
4) Try syncing. It will probably still crash. However, now you can tell where it got to in the sync process: For me, the sync process was deleting everything from the phone to match what was on google (nothing), and it got to the Js and crashed. Then on my phone, I had entries only from J on. The first one there on the phone was the problematic one--it had weird characters in some of the fields. I deleted those fields, and that solved the problem.
5) I then restored my data (from my SD card backup), cleaned up the problem entry, and then sync'ed. That produced a bunch of duplicate records, because I had everything from J on twice. A better idea would be to delete all the entries before restoring from the SD card.