Dropped my TB

nat72sherman

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I only had it for 3.5 weeks, dropped it today and there's a small crack on the corner. I'm wondering what my options are as far as getting a new one.

aBoldPatriotsFan

Android Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I only had it for 3.5 weeks, dropped it today and there's a small crack on the corner. I'm wondering what my options are as far as getting a new one.

If there are any manufacturing defects the phone can be replaced with a refurbished device. This requires troubleshooting. In your case just damage you will have to file an insurance claim through Asurion and pay $100 to get it replaced.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If you have insurance you can drop (get it?) the 100$ deductible for a referb one. Otherwise if it still works hang on to it, or pay for price for new one / used one from ebay/craigslist.

Or buy a new housing and install it. I think they're 40$

Last edited:

skiracer2002

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Just buy a case for it. I dropped mine less than two weeks of owning it and it cracked the casing at the volume rocker where it gets narrow. I got a Seideo Innocase II Surface and you don't see any of the damage that was done. And it should hold everything in tight.

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Just buy a case for it. I dropped mine less than two weeks of owning it and it cracked the casing at the volume rocker where it gets narrow. I got a Seideo Innocase II Surface and you don't see any of the damage that was done. And it should hold everything in tight.

I'd probably go this route.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I think you can get Total insurance coverage from Verizon for up to one month from purchase. I would get it n wait a month and get new one. I decided to get my daughter insurance on hers a month later, when I saw her carrying it uncased in her back pocket. Nothing wrong yet but if something happens it will be covered.

Reactions: damule6666

sterrac

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I have the Seideo Innocase II Surface on mine and have dropped it twice, once while standing horrified as my phone bounced down three concrete stairs. One scratch in case and no damage to phone. I give the case two thumbs up, well one thumb, I couldn't catch my phone because I had a beer in my other hand. :p

Reactions: dajogejr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22