Will Netflix come to the Thunderbolt?

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I would certainly be bummed if TB doesn't get Netflix love ...even though it won't be some kind of a dealbreaker, I will still love my TB. I currently use a few apps like TV Shows Stream, Movie Streamer (both from the same developer), Watch Movies Now, etc but nothing beats Netflix.

And, speaking of LOST, I did not like the end of the final season. And J.J.Abram's current series Fringe also seems to be going down the same way. The writers are adding so many twists and turns that they will have a hard time coming up with a good ending.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I would certainly be bummed if TB doesn't get Netflix love ...even though it won't be some kind of a dealbreaker, I will still love my TB. I currently use a few apps like TV Shows Stream, Movie Streamer (both from the same developer), Watch Movies Now, etc but nothing beats Netflix.

And, speaking of LOST, I did not like the end of the final season. And J.J.Abram's current series Fringe also seems to be going down the same way. The writers are adding so many twists and turns that they will have a hard time coming up with a good ending.

Does your battery overheat when watching these? I watched 40 minutes of The Amazing Race and my battery overheated. Haven't tried using WiFi though, only 3G.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I watch over 3G most of the times myself and haven't experienced any significant overheating. Sometimes it becomes a little wamer than usual but then it cools down by itself.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I cancelled my Netflix over a year ago. I'll sign up again when it comes to my phone! Please hurry. Want to watch Lost last season!

downloade "TV Shows Stream Lite", it has 12 or 16 full season-shows (including LOST) with shows like Heroes, Simpsons, South Park, Lost, etc..., so you can watch it :)
works awesome over WiFi, and just as great over LTE.

i bought the full version---watch shows every day @ work, and on breaks. best app i've bought.

to the OP, i sure hope Netflix comes onto the phone. it's stupid it's on WP7, Iphone, but not Android...get crackin' devs!

Edit: apparently someone already mentioned this app. sorry! my battery doesn't overheat on LTE/Wifi, btw

Reactions: Chrisy

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I cancelled my Netflix over a year ago. I'll sign up again when it comes to my phone! Please hurry. Want to watch Lost last season!

Netflix now has a "streaming-only" plan for $7.99. I recently switched to that plan from my 2DVD plan.

And "LOST" is one of the shows that is currently among the shows available on the free version of "TV Shows Stream"

Reactions: Chrisy

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I know there is a similar, albiet older, thread with some debate about this. But rather than re-open and derail/hijack an old thread, I am creating a new one presenting the information that I have discovered thus far.

My brother recently got a Thunderbolt and it is loving it; however the one thing that is keeping him from getting rid of his iPod Touch is Netflix. He is currently is the 15 day return window (and the 12th, which is the rumored LG Revolution Launch date, will be also).

From what I have gathered regarding the Thunderbolt vs Revolution specs they have the same processors (see: Revolution Specs and Thunderbolt Specs). One thing that I have been unable to find the answer to is the question if the Processor is the limiting factor is what devices will be able to run Netflix. If not I suppose the issue would boil down to which feature is more desirable between the two phones, Netflix or Sense.

Does anyone know if this is the case or has seen a response from Verizon/Netflix on this issue?

I thought after the announcement a couple of months back stating my Evo wouldn't be getting Netflix? I was entirely bummed to say the least.

However, as we all know now, that proved false.

So with that being said. It is not if? But a matter of when?

IMO, your Thunderbolts will absolutely get a official Netflix
App. You simply can't ignore Verizon's current flagship phone
that is a powerhouse none the less.

The way I think Netflix was released was simply based on the approximate number of handsets that us consumers have(user base)? Not because a phone has the newest technology.

Yes, the Evo and the other handsets are older,slower,etc.
Fact, is there is atleast a couple of million(remember how for the first 5 months or so there was still a waiting list for the Evo)out there and is still selling quite well.

Remember, the TB is only 2 months old.
I will say in the next "batch" release of the Netflix
App?

I would put money down that the TB will be on that list.

And for you all that are not in a 4g area?
Don't worry... Netflix
will run over 3g no problems at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Forgetful

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Netflix now has a "streaming-only" plan for $7.99. I recently switched to that plan from my 2DVD plan.

And "LOST" is one of the shows that is currently among the shows available on the free version of "TV Shows Stream"

Doesn't the current 7.99 plan also include Queue also? My wife is always ordering videos that are shipped to our home.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
If Blockbuster is the reason Netflix is being held up than thats almost as big a fail as having Bing as out default search.

No it is not because of Blockbuster. The Evo has Blockbuster also.

It is probably based on amount of user base there is out there.
The TB will surely get Netflix.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Ok, I looked at my home screen screen in my Netflix app.

There still is a queue selction button.
So I'am pretty sure you can still queue DVD's if you wanted?

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I would love to see Netflix land here eventually. Just got hooked on Netflix about a month ago and I discovered Dexter... would love to watch that at work :)! I just wish I could find a provider that has Breaking Bad and The Shield! Argh! :p!

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Nope. The $7.99 plan is streaming only.

Set from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk.

Could it be that I had my account before they changed it to streaming only then?

Cause I can still Queue dvds.

UPDATE: Ok checked my bill I paid 10.40 last month.

so it increased to 9.99 plus tax?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC