Will Netflix come to the Thunderbolt?

zenocide17

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I know there is a similar, albiet older, thread with some debate about this. But rather than re-open and derail/hijack an old thread, I am creating a new one presenting the information that I have discovered thus far.

My brother recently got a Thunderbolt and it is loving it; however the one thing that is keeping him from getting rid of his iPod Touch is Netflix. He is currently is the 15 day return window (and the 12th, which is the rumored LG Revolution Launch date, will be also).

From what I have gathered regarding the Thunderbolt vs Revolution specs they have the same processors (see: Revolution Specs and Thunderbolt Specs). One thing that I have been unable to find the answer to is the question if the Processor is the limiting factor is what devices will be able to run Netflix. If not I suppose the issue would boil down to which feature is more desirable between the two phones, Netflix or Sense.

Does anyone know if this is the case or has seen a response from Verizon/Netflix on this issue?

zog1977

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
i hope it does. Does anyone subscribe to blockbuster?

Everyone i know has netflix. Why do they put such garbage on these phones. If you put the things people want on the phones they will pay fir it!

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I cancelled my Netflix over a year ago. I'll sign up again when it comes to my phone! Please hurry. Want to watch Lost last season!

AstroStrat89

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm really hoping this comes out soon my self. But since there never really seems to be any explanation on why it's not already here I have a bad feeling about it. Some agreement somewhere has it held up. And if it's blockbuster or what ever, someone shoot that company and put it out of all of our misery.

Reactions: dannychaos

iastonish

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Check out Jetflix if you're in need of a tv/moview streaming app. Idk how good it is, but it has gotten good reviews.

lol Jetflix

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Check out Jetflix if you're in need of a tv/moview streaming app. Idk how good it is, but it has gotten good reviews.

lol Jetflix

That's nuts... I want to be able to watch it on TV and my comp. for $10 a month. If I was going to by that I'd just pay for PLayOn and use it.

The reviews are great though... and I could hook my phone to tv through PS3.... damn, stupid Netflix.

Reactions: thehotboy#AC

mfancy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Netflix isn't a deal breaker for me. It would be nice, but the screen isn't big enough to watch a bunch of stuff on. Its fine for YouTube videos, but I couldn't imagine watching an entire movie on my phone. I mean, the battery is ok to begin with, I don't even wanna know how fast it would die while watching a movie.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes! But I have to wait for Netflix! Lol. No PC, not buying it, and no rental places here. So I'm ready for Netflix on Tbolt!

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I'll be honest, since HBO GO was launched, I haven't even given movies on my device a second thought. There is SOO much great content I can't even begin to watch it all.

I've almost finished the first season of The Sopranos. I even watched an episode today at a doctors visit over 3G with no buffering!

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
... One thing that I have been unable to find the answer to is the question if the Processor is the limiting factor is what devices will be able to run Netflix. ...
According to this Qualcomm guy at MWC, the issue is whether or not HTC opted to install the correct DRM keys and libraries into the ARM Trust Zone of the processor. HTC won't answer this question.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/15/android-powered-lg-revolution-caught-streaming-netflix-at-mwc-v/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams