Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Rockin' GingerBamf Sense

Smile Car charger recommendation

I have seen lots of comments and polls about car charging, but I haven't seen anything said about ProClip. Let me first say that I am not affiliated in any way with the company, and I am definitely not being paid for this. The reasons I am posting this is because the forums have been so unbelievably helpful for me, I just wanted to "do my part". The other reason is that I am such a fan of this mount/charger since I came across the website and bought one for my incredible (which I am now selling!!). I'm really not one to go out of my way to say something about a product, but this mount (I have the fixed straight cord one) is so cool and sleek that I felt compelled to let those people who are looking for an Excellent car mounting/charging solution. Here is the link:
    Dual Select Listing*-*ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, GPS, and Handheld Devices

i use the $5 motorola quick charge (1Amp) and it works great

Global Posts
    614 Global Posts

i bought two of these

http://store.androidcentral.com/moto.../5A47A3044.htm

great charger, great price and great service from the android central store!!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Rockin' GingerBamf Sense

Quote Originally Posted by n0thng2bdone View Post
    i use the $5 motorola quick charge and it works great
    I know it is pricey, but I feel like it is worth it. It's really solid.

I just wish these vendors would include output specs. The average 500 mA car charger is pretty slow to charge the TBolt.

Do any of these have a higher output?

I'm using the same 12-volt Mini-USB charger I used on my BB Storm which was purchased from a Verizon store 3 years ago. I have no trouble with it at all.

Recently attended an all day outing and was down to about 50% battery when I headed for home. I plugged in the charger and used Google Nav for the "just over an hour" drive home.

When I got home, not only had the Nav been running the whole time but the phone was now showing a 90% charge on the battery. The phone itself was not hot either.

I use only vent mounts here in TX. Windshield mounts will expose a phone to ungodly temps in the summer whereas a vent mount puts the phone right in front of the cold AC air.

Your mileage may vary.

I also use my old Storm charger and it works great.

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted, Unlocked

I have the Moto quick charger from Amazon. It is $5. Can't beat it.

Amazon.com: Motorola Vehicle Power Adapter micro-USB Rapid Rate Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK MR4

I use this:
    http://store.androidcentral.com/grif...5A202A6236.htm

Got one for each car. 1 amp per output and I can plug in my micro-usb cable or my wife's iphone cable.
    Best thing is, without a cable attached it fits entirely inside the cigarette lighter socket, so I don't have to remove it close the little door/cover.
    Thanked by: