Where to sell my thunderbolt

poloboogie

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I hoping someone can point me in the right direction as far as what's the best route to go as far as selling my thunderbolt? What website forum, social network, etc.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'd sell it here or on CrackBerry.com. I used to sell my phones on eBay but I got so sick of their, and paypal's, fees.

I sold my last phone on CrackBerry.com. Took two days, quick payment by check!

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I had the buyer send me a check and I deposited it. Had their full name and address. I felt confident in the buyer based on their forum standing.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
If I was a buyer, I would want to meet at a VZW store to make sure clean esn and able to activate before handing over cash.

poloboogie

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
no i want to sell it because i got the droid charge
LLuvT.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
like it way better. so ill take all your comments into consideration

KarbonKopy

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I know of ppl who have been burned by phones with bad ESNs when buying phones odd ebay/craigslist. Not sure if thats a issue with the TB but if im buying a phone I tend to avoid those places most of the time.

h2opoloplyr_11

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Craigslist, and meet at a VZW store. Safe, and the buyer will be confident that the esn will be a clean one. I sold my dx that way. Took 5 min.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Lakers has a great suggestion and also you can meet at a Verizon store. You do need to be careful when selling something on Craigslist. There are those who will try to scam you and you need to be smart and not naive about it. I have sold my devices on Craigslist and have also used ebay. Try Craigslist first and if can't then use ebay as a last resort.
Check out what the going prices are on ebay and set your price accordingly. CASH only.
No returns. On your post say local only, no out of state or out of country. People will try to scam you. Don't fall for anything.

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I just realized something. If you sell the Thunderbolt, the buyer needs a new SIM card. Remember, it only activates once per SIM card! So I would suggest meeting at a Verizon store, that way the buyer is assured that it is a good phone and can have the phone activated there for free since the SIM cards carry no fee on them.

I sold my Droid X on eBay on April 3, 2011 for $295.

Paypal took a fee of: $8.86
Ebay too a fee of: $29.20

$295-$38.06=$256.94

My math is a little rusty, but that looks like 13% in fees to me.

If I could have done it all over, I would have used the marketplace on these forums or met in person.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae