Google Contacts sync down?

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Any one else getting "sync is currently experiencing problems. it will be back shortly" today?
been trying to get some contacts to sync from gmail to my phone for2 hours now.

I know most of us had this problem on launch day, I have not had this happen since then..

and yes I did a restart already :p

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
well this is a long delay.. been trying to get my contacts to sync since 4pm est.. its now 12am ..hope it works in the morning.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I added a new phone number to one of my contacts yesterday morning... I checked my device yesterday afternoon and it was updated... I also manually ran sync from my device and it ran for the full account, including calendar and contacts without an issue in about a minute.

john1park

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Any one else getting "sync is currently experiencing problems. it will be back shortly" today?
been trying to get some contacts to sync from gmail to my phone for2 hours now.

I know most of us had this problem on launch day, I have not had this happen since then..

and yes I did a restart already :p

I'm getting the same message this AM. nothing has updated - emails, twitter, facebook. What gives?

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
well still cant get mine to sync contacts...
"sync contacts: Thur may 5, 2011 4:17pm"
is the last time and im still getting ..."currently experiencing problems. it will be back
shortly"

JerseyDubbin

Open Source For Life!
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
everything is working fine except facebook for me. Has been trying to sync since yesterday so i just cancelled it. Tried doing it manually but would sit there on the live feed sync.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Who would you guys contact to troubleshoot this?

it seems its my account/phone thats has the problem since on one else is having this exact issue right now so the wait and see part is over for me, but for the life of me do I contact vzw..htc...google? lol

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
what have I done, lol.
;)

shortly might mean 12+ hours by the way (thats how shortly its been down for me)

at least your contacts are all synced.. mine started halfway during a contact sync so im missing half my people. I try to redo my contacts so they are all linked to google and see what happens! :(

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
told me to call google for support on the google contacts syncing.. makes sense.

they gave me a round about way to get them to sync by emailing a v card from gmail to my phone.. but come on.