Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how often do you use the kickstand

and what do you use it for? meaning what situation

Not at all and yet mine is chipping on all of the edges.

I think I used it once when I was signing up for classes at my college and I needed to copy down a bit of information from my web browser.

All the time. Mostly listening to Pandora and watching YouTube.

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

I use it when charging it is in the vertical position,i use it when streaming video horizontal position. All the time.

I mainly use it in portrait mode while using Radio Companion at work because I keep the phone plugged in while listening and if I have it laying down the back will get warm.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

ROM
    BAMF SoaB v1.04

I use it everyday while charging at my desk. I don't have a desk cradle yet and I like to have the clock in view.

I set it up under my monitor for video chats with some of the guys at work. I use it to check in with some of the guys on the job site so I can actually see what they are doing vs getting a load of BS over the phone when I can't go out there myself.

Global Posts
    1,381 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CM

I've only lifted the kickstand twice. Once to check it out when I first got the phone and once to see if it was peeling.

Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock w/ Root

All the time. Anytime its on my desk at home I have it out and other times while eating at a restaurant I will keep it propped up, just cause.

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts

Never have used it yet.

Global Posts
    11,757 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Use the kickstand when I'm watching videos. Only other time is to show off the kickstand to other people and every person I showed it to loved the feature.

I actually don't use it unless I'm listening to music... with or without headphones.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

I use it basically as I'd use a desk charger... all the time. It is always propped up by the kickstand vertically and charging. I never thought I cared about having a kickstand, until I had one

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

I use it when I'm sitting at my desk. I've used while listening to Pandora doing yard work. Use it every morning while having my morning coffee. All the people I've shown it to think its cool. I really don't understand all the haters. Around work my TB is known as the mini-tablet. lol. Jealous..all of them.

Wow. So glad I decided to post in here that I use it for music/videos...because now I know the kickstand works vertically. It honestly never occurred to me.

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod

I use it for video. But mainly to read the news while eating breakfast and lunch. Easy to read and scroll with one hand.

ROM
    CM7 RC1.2

I use it a few times a day, whether while charging or while I'm eating or just for some non hand holding navigation. I even use it on a pillow next to me when I'm laying in bed sometimes when I get tired of holding it.
    -SoDev

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

never used it

I used it all the time. I loved it. At work it stood up vertically next to me on the desk so I could easily see notifications, Pandora screen, etc. At lunch it stood up horizontally for easy viewing and tasks while my hands were busy with the food. At home it stood up vertically on the coffee table and night stand. And I'd use the kickstand to help me hold it by sliding it between pointer and middle finger while my whole hand was behind it. Very handy. I'll miss it. I wish every phone had one now.

ROM
    CM7 RC1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Astrodroid View Post
    And I'd use the kickstand to help me hold it by sliding it between pointer and middle finger while my whole hand was behind it.
    I do that too.
    -SoDev

i use it several hours a day, mostly when i'm using skype, but also sometimes when i watch u2b videos.

Not once.
    Droid RAZR MAXX HD ( Current ROM = Stock )
    http://www.pmkelly.com/
    Geek Freak

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts

I use it every day at my desk. I use it in portrait mode, when charging my phone and monitoring texts and emails.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Every night I use it in portrait mode on the nightstand as a clock. I don't really use it much for anything else, though sometimes it provides some sort of odd physical stimulation by just, um, playing with it.

Never have use it yet. Because i barely use my phone to watch video. If you want to watch a video, kickstand is helpful.

I use it everyday! When I charge my phone at nite, and as a clock/alarm, when I listen to Pandora, watch UTube, read Kendal!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast