1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Thunderbolt battery is great

I don't know what with everybody complaining about of it. My own last all day long.

:d

roflmfao

I completely agree. I just came from Sprint and owned the EVO and EPic. The bolt by far is better in battery life than everybody is complaining about and i use the sh!t out of my phone

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

No battery problems here. I was actually just telling my wife tonight that It seems like my battery is lasting longer. We both have bolts and I did all of the battery saving tips except I left the screen brightness on auto because it is already hard enough to see it outside. During the day we work of course so light use through the day. Check emails, a few text messages, play a game or two while on lunch or maybe go on the net a little. We get home and still have half to 3/4 battery left. By the time we use it through the night when we get in the bed it is just getting in the yellow. It's like this if you drive your car on a trip and your traveling for several hours you are going to have to fill up with gas. Same with the bolt. If you use it constantly for several hours you will need to recharge it. By the way these are our first Androids and we love our Thunderbolts. Now bring on the updates already.
    nkd

Global Posts
    608 Global Posts

Yea sure. Yes the battery is decent but no where near great. On 3G yes it could be, but run 4g for an hour or two and then come back and tell me if it is as great as you previously thought it was.

My battery is great as I keep it on 3G and Wi-Fi all day. 4G is a whole different animal though and it shows it by sucking the battery up quickly. However, I don't compare my Thunderbolt's 4G battery to my old Droid 2's 3G battery. I compare it 3G to 3G and it's very comparable. I downloaded that application "LTE onOff" which saves me a ton of battery by easily letting me change from CDMA (Auto PRL) to a dual band quickly.
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

Eh, great is too strong a word. The stock battery is acceptable.
    Now, the extended battery...that is great! As the poster above said, it is relative. I'm comparing my Tbolt with my last phone, a BlackBerry Tour. The Tour lasted longer on standby but only slightly longer in use. Also, the Tour didn't do much, mostly email and message. Little browsing since t sucked.

Far from great and could have been a tad bit bigger out the box but its cool..
    Follow Ya Boy @BiGTo0T

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts

I agree, I can easily get 3 days out of one charge....

if I don't turn it on.

Global Posts
    1,381 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CM

My OG Droid's battery lasted me the entire day and then some. Same with my dx. I'm getting about the same usage out of the thunderbolt and that's on 4G. If a phone is able to last the entire day, I'm satisfied.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

I get anywhere from a day to a day and a half running on 4G LTE, depending on usage. I'm very satisfied with the battery life.

My Asus G71 laptop battery lasts over one hour at the most when it is not charging. Considering that the thunderbolt as many other smartphone last at least 8 hours, it is ok with me. These little things are little computers my friends.

I can barely get a day with my phone, with very minimal use (texting,words with friends mostly) and by night time the battery is yellow.
    No gps on, no wifi, screen is auto, 3g.. i force close some apps that are up and running but still it sucks the battery out, even on standby. Idk what else to do to fix it, i'd rather not root.

I'm in the same boat, I don't have any issues. Lasts me through the whole day.
    Device history:
    Storm 1 > Tour > Droid > Droid Incredible > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Motorola Razr HD MAXX & Nexus 7

I have stock Tbolt (not rooted). If I barely use the phone, battery lasts 3 1/2 days. So yeah, meaning idle. Yesterday I was at Commack NY and had a full charge. I turned on LTE around 3 p.m to see if they put any towers up but no dice. I got distracted by my niece and I forgot to turn off LTE but I didn't use the phone all day. This morning it was dead. And I mean DEAD. I couldn't even boot it. So we all know the LTE radio sucks the life out of the battery like a vampire at a blood bank. Medium usage, (1 day: 30 mins of phone calls, about 10 mins of web surfing, took some pictures, used the flash light to look under couch for something, listened to some music for about 5 mins watched 2 Family Guy video clips), battery lasted about 6 hours before it had to be recharged. Turned off all background apps that I could and I had the basic battery saving settings (lower screen brightness, bump charge, etc). So, for those of you who have great battery life experiences, I envy you. Love the phone, but would love something like a 2000 mAh battery to get me through the day and still fit in my holder.
    Last edited by phoenixone; 05-09-2011 at 01:56 PM.

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogrnmod 10.2

I'm using a custom ROM / Kernel, which I believe has tremendously helped battery life. That said, while people are debating how good / bad battery life is, what we should be doing is asking ourselves is the battery itself adequate?

The answer? Absolutely not.

HTC shipped the 'Bolt with a 1400 mAh battery. To put this into perspective, my old Incredible shipped with a 1300 mAh battery. A 1400 mAh battery for a 4.3" screen, front facing camera for video chat and 4G LTE is completely unacceptable. This should have shipped with nothing less than a 1700 mAh stock battery.

VZW broke the $200 ceiling on the subsidized price and charged $250 out of the gate; we should have been given an adequate battery for that price.
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    614 Global Posts

welcome to LTE

Quote Originally Posted by mikestorm View Post
    I'm using a custom ROM / Kernel, which I believe has tremendously helped battery life. That said, while people are debating how good / bad battery life is, what we should be doing is asking ourselves is the battery itself adequate?

The answer? Absolutely not.

HTC shipped the 'Bolt with a 1400 mAh battery. To put this into perspective, my old Incredible shipped with a 1300 mAh battery. A 1400 mAh battery for a 4.3" screen, front facing camera for video chat and 4G LTE is completely unacceptable. This should have shipped with nothing less than a 1700 mAh stock battery.

VZW broke the $200 ceiling on the subsidized price and charged $250 out of the gate; we should have been given an adequate battery for that price.
    Well said.

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogrnmod 10.2

More food for thought: I did some checking and discovered that the Samsung Droid Charge (4G device with a 1Ghz processor and FFC just like the 'Bolt) is shipping with a 1600 mAh stock battery.

How nice.
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

I think with the bigger screens, more powerful processors and more features such as video chat, batteries are the next thing that needs a big evolution. Time for them to catch up with technology!

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogrnmod 10.2

I would agree. Giving us such a great phone with such a wimpy battery is like giving us a nice sportscar and then balking on springing for gas.