Thunderbolt Audio Problem

Shabill

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2 day old unrooted Thunderbolt that cannot record my voice either through the Google widget (I get the rather generic message "Audio Problem" with a large exclamation point and the options to speak again or cancel), or through FlexT9 (I just get a message saying "dictation failed"). Both messages pop up instantly when I hit the button to use the feature. I haven't seen any forum messages on this, although I know that HTC is working on a fix for muffled sound in the camcorder, but this problem seems to be different. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a 2 day old unrooted Thunderbolt that cannot record my voice either through the Google widget (I get the rather generic message "Audio Problem" with a large exclamation point and the options to speak again or cancel), or through FlexT9 (I just get a message saying "dictation failed"). Both messages pop up instantly when I hit the button to use the feature. I haven't seen any forum messages on this, although I know that HTC is working on a fix for muffled sound in the camcorder, but this problem seems to be different. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Did you try a battery and SIM card pull?? Your not going to like what I have to say BUT its the only sure fire way to tell if its hardware or a software issue MASTER RESET!

Reactions: Shabill

Shabill

May 5, 2011
Visit site
You're right; I don't like the answer, but I appreciate the response. So this is my plan of action: I was planning to root the phone anyway, so I'll do that, back it up, and then clean up some of Verizon's bloat. If that doesn't solve the problem, I'll do a hard reset and go from there.

Question on the master/hard reset: If the phone is set back to factory settings, does that (in the absence of a backup) mean I would have to go back to Verizon to reactivate it with my phone number? Factory settings didn't include my phone number ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae