NEAR PERFECT BOLT! It's all a matter of trial and error!

wallyweaver

Dec 9, 2009
www.google.com
Just want to say something to all who have complaints about the Thunderbolt. When I first received my Thunderbolt, it was a great device. It had its share of problems as everyone has been stating in these forums. Now after having the device for a while and reading up and trial and error, etc.... With that being said, I'll let you guys know what led me to what I have now that my Thunderbolt is nearly PERFECT. Battery life is Phenomenal, phone is super fast, great reception. It's not as complex as all that and maybe there is a bit of luck involved here as well. O.K., here it is:
BAMF 1.6.2 ROCKS!!! This is the major part of why the phone is like butter! I had 1.6 and last night applied the patch and presto! Battery amazing - I do not have any restrictions AT ALL. full auto sycing for everything, no backlight restrictions - have it on highest setting with a 1 min screen timeout. I have been off charge for about two hours now and i have had some use and I am still at 94% battery. have cdma+lte/evdo auto enabled. set cpu is at 1.4 max and 245 min with no profiles set. Called verizon about the reception issue and she did someting on the back end with the settings and had me reboot my phone - great reception now. GPS locks on like my Incredible did (without any help from gps status).
Phone is fast as hell. Like i said, I could just be lucky. Just wanted to share my experience. Thanks.
:):D:eek:

Reactions: dannychaos

Iceycold

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
im in the process of getting it like this..

I am going to upgrade from bamf 1.5 ---> 1.6 but before I do it I want to know if I loose custom framework like the black skin on the messaging app

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
BAMF 1.6.2 ROCKS!!!

thumbs-up.jpg

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I'm in the process of trying to decide if I want to root and install a ROM. I've installed custom ROMs on all my previous android phones, just can't really find a reason to do it to the TB. Runs so amazingly as is.

Reactions: dannychaos

AlpineM3#AC

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Im also rockin BAMF 1.6.2.....pretty awesome ROM! Completely stable, fast, great animated transitions, great battery life and great reception for both calls and GPS.

dannychaos

High Five Champion
Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you sir but I believe I may be a bit luckier than you. I'm running the stock sense Rom that the Thunderbolt comes with and I have been unplugged for about 17 hours, nothing special going on I have the WiFi on a lot, everything is on autosync screen brightness 100% timeout 1 min with medium to heavy use. Has anybody else been lucky enough to just have a good thunderbolt like I do. Also that Bamf Rom sounds awesome.

dannychaos

High Five Champion
Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I use to have that problem too and they had me press some numbers and change some internal settings. Is this what they did for u too? Also I wanted to add that I'm in a 3G only area.

cjbmr

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Wally does the BAMF 1.6.2 radio pick up 4g or do you have to load that other radio file that is on the op BAMF 1.6.2 thread? It's a little confusing to me. I haven't rooted or anything yet I'm just constantly reading and trying to build the nerve to do it. I changed os's all of the time on my bb storm but the android process seems like it might be easier to screw things up.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
im using bamf remix 1.6.2 and my battery is just terrible loosing 10% in idle over 1 hour. :(

Sorry to hear that, are you connected to WiFi, running 4G, bad service area or anything like that? I noticed when I was at the bar last night, I had little to no service basically bounced back and forth between 1X and nothing for a good 2 hours and my battery went from 92% to 71% in that 2 hours. Once I left that bar and went somewhere else where I had decent service, battery drain only went from 71% to 65% in 2 hours with some use.

Really all depends on the signal or anything else you may doing with your phone at the time so more details for this better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puiman