LG Charger and Thunderbolt?

kalopsia

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So...sorry if this is a dumb question or a bad place to ask this, but I decided I need a 2nd charger, and before I buy a new one, I thought I'd ask if my LG enV2 charger is okay to use:

LC charger: 5.1V - 700mA
HTC charger: 5V - 1,000mA

Tried googling this...didn't really find a good link with a precise answer.

FutureTBoltOwner

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I would say yes, I currently use the htc charger as well as my old env touch charger and I've had no problems, pretty sure as long as its within that 5V range it's ok to use

Reactions: kalopsia

Mustang7303

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The extra tenth of a volt on the LG charger isnt too big of a deal, but the 700mAh is. It will take noticibly longer to charge the phone to capacity with the 700mAh charger, and if you're using it heavily (pandora, blue tooth, navigation) it may not even charge at all and just maintain a given charge level.

kalopsia

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The extra tenth of a volt on the LG charger isnt too big of a deal, but the 700mAh is. It will take noticibly longer to charge the phone to capacity with the 700mAh charger, and if you're using it heavily (pandora, blue tooth, navigation) it may not even charge at all and just maintain a given charge level.

I planned on only using it near my bed (clock, alarm, music mostly), and so it would be minimally used. It is a wall charger, so not much navigation or anything like that would be realistic anyways.

I'm just kind of tired of moving my stock charger around the house.

Mustang7303

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The LG would be a fine over night charger. Just check on it though from time to time during the first few charge cycles and make sure it isn't getting too warm and charges completely.

Reactions: kalopsia

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress