Would you purchase hotspot for $29.99 and its unlimited?

If true, does this sway you to purchase hotspot?

• Total voters

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
p.s. something tells me that if FrankXS sees this, he won't be able to get his wallet out fast enough ;)
This brings the total data charge up to $60/mo. As it happens, this is exactly the same as what I was paying for 3G unlimited data to include tethering on my old phone.

-Frank

pmkelly

May 4, 2011
www.pmkelly.com
If there is no contract term and you can add it on a month-to-month basis, I will certainly be jumping on the bandwagon whenever I travel.

If this end up being true, it's an aggressive pricing strategy and definitely an attractive offer.

Malefickus

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Considering that I am a truck driver, so rely on the hotspot feature for my daily dosage of the Internet, this is definitely an attractive offer that I wouldn't be able to refuse.

Chillerman

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I pay $50/month for my 4g usb modem with a 5 gig limit that I could now get rid of. I would be happy to pay $29 for unlimited.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I think they should just have a one time activation fee for the wifi hot spot and not charge to use the data you already pay 30+ per month for... but im also living in fantasy land. :(

Slapnpop826

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I used to pay $60 a month for data and tethering on my blackberry so I would be OK with this.

Having said that I am hoping to get free hotspots through rooting.

Sent from my Thunderbolt for you reading pleasure.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Considering that LTE modem/hotspot pricing is 50 dollars for 5 gigs, I would jump in it (in the words of the tiny giraffe lover in the DirectTV commercials). While I hope this rumor is true I will believe it when I see it.

Sent from my HAL 9000 using Tapatalk

zog1977

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely not. This should be included in our data plans like to mobile does. We pay enough. I laugh at the best network. I am regretting leaving att. At least I never lost in signal. I know 4GLTE is new, but come on, it has been 2 months already.

kalopsia

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I know there's been a million topics about this, but I'm with all the people who say: I'm paying for unlimited data; I should be allowed to do whatever I want with it.

Paying $29.99 more a month is like paying for 2 unlimited data plans...just doesn't make sense.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I know there's been a million topics about this, but I'm with all the people who say: I'm paying for unlimited data; I should be allowed to do whatever I want with it.

Paying $29.99 more a month is like paying for 2 unlimited data plans...just doesn't make sense.

Add that on top of what verizon will end up doing soon with doing tiered data plans for 4G and then its going to add more fuel to the fire.

Personally, no I would not pay for this feature and honestly I haven't even used it since I got this phone even though its a free service with it. The only way that I would even start to justify it is if I was constantly traveling like some mentioned before. Even then for me, I have access to both Xfinity WiFi and Optimum WiFi and usually those two cover all the areas that I would go where I would need internet access.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
my home internet is slower than LTE.
i pay $55/month for ATT UVerse.

i'd buy this for $29.99, if it were explicitly unlimited. Netflix would rack up a bunch of gb's (gee-bee's :) ) for how much i watch it on 360 & ps3.

Sokar

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm. I think I'm going to go with downloading a wireless tether app for free and go with that.

Welcome to the era of flexible computers as cell phones, Verizon. You won't be putting this genie back in the bottle.

SF DINC

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm. I think I'm going to go with downloading a wireless tether app for free and go with that.

Welcome to the era of flexible computers as cell phones, Verizon. You won't be putting this genie back in the bottle.

Amen, have been using the WiFi Tether app for last couple days, and have no complaints.....I don't tether very often (1-2) monthly so paying extra is a no go......I'll stick with the root and free tether for my needs....then again I am not downloading 10's of GB's daily.....for those that are using as a dedicated internet replacement.....you may be digging your own graves on that one......if I could not use the tether either free or verizon, I would still be ok as I have other options to fall back on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance