Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Anyone have issues with not receiving notifications in the status bar with Handcent? No matter the combinations of settings, I either get no notifications or severely delayed notifications with Handcent.

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

handscent lags and force closes on my phone too much, but could be because i have over 2000 contacts... go sms for me

Go SMS Pro. Love it. So many options. I'm a player so I don't need no pop ups, and I don't need the message scrolling across my bar at the top. Plus I can lock it or all my apps if I choose to do so. Works great for me.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

i tried both and i liked handcent better. i don't experience much lag and the blue led didn't work in go sms and works with handcent. i also like how they put the profile pictures in the conversations in handcent and gives you a message counter in the popup messages. with go sms, i didn't know how many messages i had when it popped up. maybe these are settings you can change but i didn't see them.

Default Re: Handcent vs go sms pro

Go sms for me. I tried Handcent first, but experienced the same lag. Go sms is smooth and fast.

Global Posts
    986 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock I don't root

I prefer Handcent
    Send from my fingers, using a pencil and a piece of paper that someone faxed to someone who scanned it and then typed it on this forum using a TRS-80 Model 3.

Go SMS is better for me. Handcent lagged and fc alot on my HTC thunderbolt

Global Posts
    986 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock I don't root

Just switched over to GoSMS to check it out.
    Send from my fingers, using a pencil and a piece of paper that someone faxed to someone who scanned it and then typed it on this forum using a TRS-80 Model 3.

Used Handcent for over a year..just recently switched to GoSms...haven't looked back since..

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk.

Global Posts
    986 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock I don't root

I just recently had my first (that I know of) mis-directed text message using Handcent.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

So far I like Handcent but I shall have to try to do the group texting thing with it before I say that I completely love it. I have about 40 in a group that I text scores to during High School Football season.

chomps sms nice

Quote Originally Posted by cdicesare2002 View Post
    I use go sms pro, my girlfriend and I just switched it from handcent to go sms pro because its just as customizatible as handcent but faster and without the lag

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    Faster and without the lag? GO SMS Pro lags more so than any other sms app. I use to run GOsms since the OG Droid but then I found Handcent and no lag, runs smoother than GO SMS pro by far and looks crisper.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12