1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Iphone headset

Good morning everyone I'm trying to figure out if my iphone headset will work with TB. I plugged it in and the music quality is great but when trying to use it to call someone they cannot hear me but I can hear them it's like it is not connected fully.any help will be appreciated

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lovy; 05-09-2011 at 07:50 AM.

Doesn't work for me either. It did work on my bb tour and course iPhone.

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Dang was hoping it was something i needed to do for it to work. Thank for replying

Thanked by:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

I used my BB one the other day while cutting the grass thinking it wouldn't work for call but it did. I can't think of any setting in the TB that would help yours to work
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks mclar I'll just look for a headset that is compatible just disappointed because I loved the way the music sound with iphone headset

ROM
    Stock (For now)

I had this issue when I went out to buy a headset. Basically, if you buy a 3 button headset (iPhone controls) you'll be able to hear but the mic and controls will not work.

The 1 button headsets (ie NOT iPhone) work just fine and the mic will work along with answer/hang up/pause music with the one button. You will also be able to switch tracks with a double click in some apps.

I tried using a pair of headphones (3.5 mm jack) with the TB, and it cuts the mike out. This worked fine on my DINC. Verizon claims this is as designed. Too bad, I've never seen a miked headset that sounds as good as my Sennheisers. At work, I just like to listen to music using the headphones. Oh, well.

{

Quote Originally Posted by sharkura View Post
    I tried using a pair of headphones (3.5 mm jack) with the TB, and it cuts the mike out. This worked fine on my DINC. Verizon claims this is as designed.
    {
    i thought this is a bug an htc said they'll fix it? i'd like to use my headphones with the phone's mic to make calls

could be a bug .. but i'm leaning more towards that's how it was designed. hence why some head set says compaitable with iphone etc.

if you take your iphone headset's plug and pull it out slowly from the TB .. at one point your headset will work but it's a hassle to hold the plug that way just to use it.

either it's the way the phone contact was made or they might do a software patch that might switch the inputs. who knows .. it's just my guess

It must be a bug. I have used the same headsets across iPhones and Android phones before. I think it is an HTC issue. One problem I have is that the mute button on the wired headset defaults to hang-up vs. mute like on my OG Droid. Looking for a software setting to change but can't find it anywhere.

If you go to settings call and put in TTY VCO or something you will be able to use the mic. It works with the aux port and connector in my car.

It does add an extra icon on your home screen though.