Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Lets be serious....4g really isnt that great

I mean, for downloads its faster - loading flash pages and stream video....but for checking facebook, looking at pictures, updating twitter, it really only seems a LITTLE faster, if that.

At the same time, it kills battery. 3G just seems like an allaround better technology, will run most of my every day apps at nearly the same speed. What are yall using 4G for that makes it worth it to you? Im cool with it because its no additional cost, but doesnt seem worth it to pay extra unless you're using a laptop or something.

Tethering.
    Thanked by 4:
    Wireless Unlocking

Global Posts
    3,490 Global Posts

IMO 4G is great. I used to get about 18 hours out of my stock Droid X battery. I use my phone a lot, and I am getting about 12 hours not before it hits 15%.

I use tethering on occasion VZW LTE is faster than my home internet(Charter 20down-1up). I also use Pulse to consume my news, the feeds update faster and pictures load pretty much instantly.

Downloading apps is faster, and uploading files to my server also faster. Pretty much anything that requires an internet connection will load faster. Even if you only save a minute a day if you are busy that is 6 hours a year lol.

I feel like battery technology has some catching up to do. To each his own I guess.
    Your One Stop Shop for Your Unlocking Needs
    Unlocking the HOTTEST Devices(Android, BlackBerry, etc)
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

4G is awesome! I browse a lot.
    Thanked by:
    Alma 

Wow... I'm not sure why a person that believed 4G is not all that would buy a Tbolt... it would have been much cheaper to buy a old Droid, DInc, or maybe a Droid X... nothing wrong with any of those if you like 3G.

ROM
    Stock/Franco

See what you are not taking into account is that the 3g (eHRPD) on the thunderbolt has boosted speeds over normal rev.A 3g data. this allows the thunderbolt to use data and voice at the sometime.

I have seen a pretty big difference in speed going from 4g to Rev.A 3g, but not a big jump from 4g to 3g eHRPD.

My speed tesst showed around
    4g: 11-20mbps up 3-10 mbps up
    3g rev.A: 3-5mbps down 1-3mbps up
    Devices: Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    Wow... I'm not sure why a person that believed 4G is not all that would buy a Tbolt... it would have been much cheaper to buy a old Droid, DInc, or maybe a Droid X... nothing wrong with any of those if you like 3G.
    +1

Also, 4g is faster. It is just plain faster. People like faster...
    Pretty good member

I would never go back to a 3G phone.

I bet he thinks carburetors were better than fuel injection too...
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

Maybe just exchange your Bolt to the DInc 2 if you're not impressed / unhappy with the 4G speeds that the Bolt is putting out. Just saying.

ROM
    Stock

With the amount of pron i look up while at work 4g saves me hours of lost time at work waiting for boobs to load
    Thanked by 2:

better skype image quality, better streaming youtube hd. on 4g, it's smooth. on 3g, it stutters sometimes.

browsing sites heavy in graphics. of course, if you browse sites with not too much graphics or use apps that don't require a lot of bandwith, then yeah, no major advantage to getting a 4g phone.
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by robrecht View Post
    I would never go back to a 3G phone.
    Lte is totally awesome. Have you used a 3g phone to browse anything since you got the tbolt?

Battery could be better.

Thumbs up for lte

Actually I think 4G is great, I think the Thunderbolt isn't so great and neither is battery technology.

I think LTE is great and I'm loving this phone.
    Nexus Lover

ROM
    AOKP JB Build 4

I would rather have a thinner phone with dual core exynos and a super amoled plus qHD over 4G. basically I want a galaxy s 2!
    Follow me on Twitter!

Add me on Google+

Link

Global Posts
    757 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SUB-dawg View Post
    I would rather have a thinner phone with dual core exynos and a super amoled plus qHD over 4G. basically I want a galaxy s 2!
    I just stopped using a Fascinate. It will be a LONG LONG time before I ever want to own another Samsung device.
    Thanked by:
    usman 

You want me to be serious about 4G? I love it! Hope it gets better down the road and available for everyone. I know they are having problems, I have notice it in my area, but still love it.
    Nexus Lover

ROM
    AOKP JB Build 4

Quote Originally Posted by worwig View Post
    I just stopped using a Fascinate. It will be a LONG LONG time before I ever want to own another Samsung device.
    I have heard amazing things about the galaxy s 2.
    Follow me on Twitter!

Add me on Google+

Link

Quote Originally Posted by tenniswild65 View Post
    Tethering.
    I curbed my tethering significantly. My phone heats up too much.

I bet right about now you wish you never posted!! right?

LTE is faster much faster
    Geek Freak

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts

Love'n my TB and Love'n Verizon's 4G. Smoking fast, pleasure to surf the web, watch videos, Tango etc...GREAT!!!

If my 3G coverage got the 1mbps minimum that many people seem to get or a more common 1.5-2.5mbps then yes I'd say 3g is fine, but since I get much much slower speeds, sometimes only a few hundred kbps and speeds are erratic for me, I can honestly say 3g isn't nearly fast enough. I don't want to wait 10-20 seconds for a page to load or 30+ seconds for a youtube video to start, I want it all instant.

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

hopefully next gen 4g hardware will be more energy efficient

Quote Originally Posted by churro View Post
    hopefully next gen 4g hardware will be more energy efficient
    That's the only issue I see with 4G. Battery life. I used to keep to my laptop for browsing due to the lack of speed on my phone and size of the screen. But now with Lte and the larger 4.3" screen, I do a majority of my browsing on my phone. No need to go to my computer anymore
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast