1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question 4G and bump charging questions..

So I been noticing that when on 4G, it would switch to 3G a lot or just lose 4G connection in general and I am in a pretty good 4G area. Is this a known problem and any way to fix it? Also my battery isn't lasting as long as it used to so I am thinking about bump charging. I know how to do it but do i have to do the whole cycle every time i charge my phone or every once and a while?

For the time being if battery is the big concern it might be better for you to force your phone into 3G only. I finally gave in and my battery has been significantly better today. It seems that VZW is still having issues with the 4G service cutting in and out, and as long as that goes on, it will have a BIG impact on battery life. I imagine they will get things straightened out, but in the mean time, I think I'll be riding the 3G train...
    No matter how hard you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

Global Posts
    758 Global Posts

Bump charging is something that you need to do every time.
    You are better off getting a second battery, or an extended battery.
    Turn off 4G when you really don't need it.

ROM
    Stock/Franco

There have been some 4g network issues lately. we are all experiencing 4g drops occasionally and 3g/4g hand off issues. This will burn through the battery more then normal because the Radios are working over time to find the 4g and then switching to 3g then trying to switch back to 4g. an OTA(Over The Air update) is said to be coming soon to possibly help with some of these issues.

Bump charging wont really help in this situation. its a network issue that vzw has been working on.
    I do bump charge every morning out of habit though

its bleeding edge tech, this is what comes with the territory.
    Devices: Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7