Alarm set for 6:40 a.m., and now the TB thinks that's what time it is

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
So I'm sitting here at Google IO, at 2:40 p.m., when the alarm decides to go off. I'd set the alarm for 6:40 a.m., and now the phone is telling me it's 6:40 a.m., and, of course, the alarm goes off. WTF?

Anybody else seen this?

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
So I'm sitting here at Google IO, at 2:40 p.m., when the alarm decides to go off. I'd set the alarm for 6:40 a.m., and now the phone is telling me it's 6:40 a.m., and, of course, the alarm goes off. WTF?

Anybody else seen this?

Phil, if you send me your new Galaxy Tab I will tell you how to fix that as soon as I get it in the mail...:D:D:D:D:D

WhitePhone

May 18, 2010
Visit site
This happend to my old EVO 4G. And ever since it, the EVO always kept the wrong time until the day I sold it. I dreaded the moment I would hear this happening to the TB.

I was really ticked at my EVO when it woke me up at 3:30 AM.

Obviously, there is a nasty bug somewhere deep in sense.

WhitePhone

May 18, 2010
Visit site
and manually updating the time didn't fix it? or turning auto update off then back on

You mean me or phil? No, for me, it didn't. Well, it temporarily set the correct time back for a couple hours or days but then the issue would come back. In fact, a reset didn't fix it either. I was thinking it was a Sprint network issue. But it lasted months, so, that was out.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
You mean me or phil? No, for me, it didn't. Well, it temporarily set the correct time back for a couple hours or days but then the issue would come back. In fact, a reset didn't fix it either. I was thinking it was a Sprint network issue. But it lasted months, so, that was out.

why didn't you get a warranty replacement? thats a defect not a feature.

WhitePhone

May 18, 2010
Visit site
why didn't you get a warranty replacement? thats a defect not a feature.

Not really sure. I guess I didn't care because I knew I wasn't keeping it....
Besides, Phil is having the same issue on a different HTC device on a different network...... seems like a sense bug to me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech