Pictures Not Saving to SD Card

DestinedtoGame

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I did a search through out the forum for this topic, so I hope I am not posting something that has already been covered. But my pictures are not saving to my SD card, is anyone else having this issue?

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Depends on where the pix are coming from sometimes. Not all apps save pix in the same place you would expect.

Strongly recommend you get Free App ASTRO File Manager and search your SD Card for pix the Stock picture viewer can't find. ASTRO will also let you Create Folders on your SD card and move stuff wherever you want it.

Also highly recommend QuikPik as a viewer instead of stock Gallery. It will find all pix on your TBolt no matter where they are. It's also better at displaying them.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I was just looking around on my camera app... Menu > scroll down to the bottom of the settings - push Reset to default.

And I hope you know the pictures are stored in the "dcim" folder on your SD card, then go into the "100MEDIA" folder.

I don't use any of the apps mentioned above.

DestinedtoGame

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I did know about the DCIM, but the issue I am having is that when I go into gallery, I am not finding my pictures I take with the default camera app there. Mind you this isn't my first Android phone. I have had a G1, MyTouch Slide, and a G2, this is a first time issue for me. I will look around and see what I find. Thank you guys.

n0thng2bdone

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
i noticed this once or twice-i'm not sure the gallery always updates immediately. you might have luck using the app SDScan to force a scan, then check the gallery.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I did know about the DCIM, but the issue I am having is that when I go into gallery, I am not finding my pictures I take with the default camera app there. Mind you this isn't my first Android phone. I have had a G1, MyTouch Slide, and a G2, this is a first time issue for me. I will look around and see what I find. Thank you guys.

So, are the pictures in the DCIM folder? If so, there are NO issues with your camera. If not, there IS a camera issue. I don't want to walk you totally thru it since you have owned Androids, but you do need to plug your device into your PC and look at your SD card from your PC.

It sounds like the Gallery app is your issue. I can see my pictures and other folder's on my SD Card. Open Gallery, Menu, Show/hide albums, make sure your Camera shots folder is not hidden.

Puterguru

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

I have had this happen to me several times. A reboot and the pictures have always showed up. Strange though.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Guys, just wanted to chime in here and say I'd been having the exact same problem. I think it's related to the number of pics you have on the card. I saved some off to the PC and the problem stopped.

But before that it was the same thing. I'd take some, they'd be there in the gallery, then the next time I'd look they'd be gone. A reboot and they'd be back again. I could take more and some previous ones would disappear. Reboot and they're back.

Oh, and they would go in clusters. A batch of photos taken right around the same date and time would go together, then come back together. Bizarre.

streetstrip01

Legalized Drug Dealer
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
So how do you fix it? All of my photos are now gone. All 200 and some, all gone...videos too.

Take one pic, and go back into the gallery, and it is not there.....

Ideas?

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
So how do you fix it? All of my photos are now gone. All 200 and some, all gone...videos too.

Take one pic, and go back into the gallery, and it is not there.....

Ideas?

They're there, you just can't see them. Reboot and you will.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
If u reboot the phone and they don't return see if u can see them when u plug your phone into the computer

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

streetstrip01

Legalized Drug Dealer
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I have rebooted until my battery ran dead, did the SD rescan, and deleted the thunbnail folder contents, all tricks from other threads and still nothing. I can see them in the 100 folder, and when I put the SD in the computer. Right now I am copying them over to photobucket, then go from there.

Frustrating.