New Firmware Pushed This Morning

biogon

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Got a GPS lock in 12 seconds standing next to a window on the 37th floor where in the past it never locked.

Didn't clear A-GPS data before the test, so on this one data point, it seems to have been improved.

The 3G/1x-RTT and no-data-on-sleep issues I'd been having, I won't be able to tell without some extended use, though.

Reactions: Chrisy and geekaren

FutureTBoltOwner

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Awesome... I wonder what the embargo was for, if the version numbers match up and they didn't change anything. Weird.

Thanks!

If anything I'm hoping that the people who had the leaked version and were rooted were heard when they were complaining of a bug within the build that caused the phone to reboot randomly... hopefully if this bug was there it is the reason they delayed and fixed it

techiegirl

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I would like to know if it fixes the hotspot loss of data issue. I'm currently rooted and using wifi tether, but would be willing to update to use the mobilie hotspot.

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Downloading now - My guess on the delay is that they might not have changed anything in the update, but might have needed to fix something at the back end (towers, etc.) to make the two work together better. Just a guess though...

biogon

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
If anything I'm hoping that the people who had the leaked version and were rooted were heard when they were complaining of a bug within the build that caused the phone to reboot randomly... hopefully if this bug was there it is the reason they delayed and fixed it

Oh gosh... I HOPE they fixed that one! Totally forgot about it.

That'd warrant a delay for a firmware update, for sure. ;)

WingsFan87

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Southeast MI here. Didn't receive a prompt for an update yet. I did a check for update and the first time it said Update Service not available. Second time I ran the check for new update it pulled it and said it was available. Downloading and running it now.

upz3

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Got the firmware, like that they allowed it to be a full push out. Usually when they do the rollouts like this you still can't just do a check software to update until their 2 week or so schedule in complete.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
well, i held on to the dream of the update being delayed b/c of GB as long as i could...

phone's rebooting--and my dream's about to be factually dashed in the next 10 minutes.

but i'll take solace in creating a Vlog to post on youtube with audio from the camcorder that you can actually hear :)

biogon

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded and installed. Doesn't seem to have done anything to improve GPS. Bummer. Guess I'll have to keep using GPS Fix.

Weird! That's bad -- I was able to get a lock pretty quickly in a location I'd never gotten a lock before, without having to delete and re-download A-GPS data.

I'll have to keep trying in regular use and see how it goes.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I got an almost instant lock on my location. Will try the nav on the way home from work. Hoping the 4G/3G connectivity is fixed.

Worth the price of losing root. Will wait for DroidX to update his autoroot!

MG386

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Error Service unavailable here. tried reboot to no avail. im in AZ, is it possible it is a rolling update?

Try it again. I got the same error first time. Then retried checking the status and it worked.

multiple reboot, sim reseat, battery pull and tried about 18 times to update, still says service unavailable :( :( :( are any of you getting this update in the phoenix area?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane