Changes since new update

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I posted that the GPS lock took about 4 mins to lock. But now, it locks in about 4 secs. The sound on camcorder is the same. I can barely hear voices filmed 7 ft away. I'm on the border of 3g/4g and before, I would bounce between 1x/3g/4g. Now I have a good lock on 4g with occasional bounce to 3g with no 1x in sight. I didn't notice anything else.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has been stellar on 4G. Popped a new battery in after the install. Started at 99% and has only dropped 6% in the past 1.25 hrs (20 mins screen on). I'd probably be under 80% previously.

kalopsia

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting better battery life so far. Usually after 2 hours of straight/constant 4G usage (Digitally Imported Radio app) I would be at about 20% battery. I'm at about 55% right now.

Camcorder audio is also improved for me. Still not amazing. But definitely more audible in my opinion.

Haven't tried GPS yet. And I'm not 100% sure what exactly was supposed to be fixed in the SMS stuff.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I posted that the GPS lock took about 4 mins to lock. But now, it locks in about 4 secs. The sound on camcorder is the same. I can barely hear voices filmed 7 ft away. I'm on the border of 3g/4g and before, I would bounce between 1x/3g/4g. Now I have a good lock on 4g with occasional bounce to 3g with no 1x in sight. I didn't notice anything else.

The camcorder audio wasn't part of this fix - they are still working on that.

mudturtle5854

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the update while my mowing my yard at lunch. Installed on way back to work. Had a GPS lock in about 10 seconds (record time even for my OG Droid). I heading out of the office shortly and will be checking GPS further and battery consumption. Haven't tried the camcorder yet.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting better battery life so far. Usually after 2 hours of straight/constant 4G usage (Digitally Imported Radio app) I would be at about 20% battery. I'm at about 55% right now.

Camcorder audio is also improved for me. Still not amazing. But definitely more audible in my opinion.

Haven't tried GPS yet. And I'm not 100% sure what exactly was supposed to be fixed in the SMS stuff.

I didn't think battery life was going to be addressed in this "fix" - I know audio wasn't. Maybe wishfull thinking on your part..... or is battery life really improved? I haven't had mine on long enough to tell yet.

kalopsia

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I didn't think battery life was going to be addressed in this "fix" - I know audio wasn't. Maybe wishfull thinking on your part..... or is battery life really improved? I haven't had mine on long enough to tell yet.

Nah, definitely noticed an improvement in the audio. I tried recording a video of my TV at max volume two weeks ago and could barely hear it. I recorded a video of my TV at 40% volume after the update, and could easily hear it.

Not 100% sure if the update is why my battery life has improved, or if it's something else I've done. I'm always tweaking with settings. But like I said...at this time last week, I'd be below 25%. I'm currently just under 50%.

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Still taking 4-6 minutes to get a gps lock. Did the update this morning. Video voice quality is still bad. hopefully it improves. Also the phone is not playing the assigned ringtones for my contacts. Have had 3 phone calls and the default ringtone played for all...

Adam Z

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Before the update my phone was always dropping data since I'm right on the line of 4G/3G. Since the update I've been solidly locked on 3G which is better than before. As for the GPS, it me about a half mile from where I actually am. My clock widget now just says current location. I was doing fine with GPS before since I got the GPS Status app. Now I want my location back!

flipbeats

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm downloading now on 3g which is taking forever but its ok, I'm happy my camera audio will finally be fixed because that the only thing that has been annoying me. Now I can full enjoy my t-bolt!

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
camcorder has in fact improved for me.
took a video testing the quality from different distances.

haven't tested GPS.

actually, i HAVE had trouble with LTE now--in an area where i would have previously gotten solid signal.
while attempting to download a file from XDA/megaupload, i now have to kickstart the frozen download by opening up another webpage just to get data flowing so the download would be un-paused & actually download something.

is anyone going to wipe their phone, as suggested after installing any OTA, to ensure a proper clean phone to remedy any potential problems?

kalopsia

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy my camera audio will finally be fixed because that the only thing that has been annoying me. Now I can full enjoy my t-bolt!

hope it does improve for you!

a lot of ppl are claiming no change. im 99.9% sure there is a noticeable difference on mine tho. i deleted the old test videos because the audio was just so bad and useless on them.

SnowItch

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded at my desk. Prior to update, I was getting about 2 bars 3G (update took a long time). After update, I'm getting a solid 2-3 4GS. Phone is in exact same location.

I'll try the GPS tonight on the way home (it was taking a long time to get a lock when I was using it last week out in Oregon). I haven't used it at home because my Equinox has built-in GPS, but I'll fire it up tonight and see how quickly it locks.

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
For people that have a fast GPS lock, do you guys have wifi on? When I turned wifi on (but didn't connect to any networks), it locked quickly. But I don't want to have to keep wifi on all the time.