Do NOT install the update if you are rooted!

wes008

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
:( Title says it all. I am rooted, running stock ROM and kernel, with no bloatware removed. Downloaded the update just fine. Installed it, and this is what I got:

I hope the people at my local Verizon reseller can fix without asking any questions :'(

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I did... but I put all my bloatware back in their original locations and reset the properties back to factory last week... and the update ran just fine today.

wes008

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
why can't he hit install update from here?

I already did. It was running fine, but then the image changed from an Android with a box to this. No actions come from pressing any button (although haptic feedback is given upon pressing the home/menu/back/search buttons). I'm afraid to take the battery out. Hopefully my local VZW reseller can at the very least flash it back to stock.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Battery pull...

Cant hurt right? vzw wont help you since you rooted it. Anyways if you show them that it's rooted they will strip your warranty.

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
You can fix it with some searching. Look for the stock download and flash it. Pull the battery and go in to your bootloader( power and volume down). You can put the stock file in your phone in bootloader. Do some studying and you can fix it. Just so you know i have sent a rooted phone back to vzw just to see if they would do anything and had no issues. Now if you cant get anything on the screen your in a jam and you have a brick. Im about to ROOT as soon as i get me 4G in me area.Good luck bud

Reactions: nate44

richardpandy

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
You can fix it with some searching. Look for the stock download and flash it. Pull the battery and go in to your bootloader( power and volume down). You can put the stock file in your phone in bootloader. Do some studying and you can fix it. Just so you know i have sent a rooted phone back to vzw just to see if they would do anything and had no issues. Now if you cant get anything on the screen your in a jam and you have a brick. Im about to ROOT as soon as i get me 4G in me area.Good luck bud

That's correct. I jacked up my droid x when I got my Thunderbolt and after about a day of researching, my once thought bricked droid x was live again and working great.

Reactions: mannw1977

40ftcobb

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Easiest way to unroot and maintain your warranty(as long as your bootloader is locked) is flash back to a previous version (I like 2.2) and then install the update,as soon as you update you'll lose root,
Well you do going from 2.2 to 2.3.4

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
CM7 nightlies 69
Welcome to the darkside its brighter than you think

Reactions: josspa

mcs1990

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I am having this same problem! The update was pushed to my phone, and I cant get the phone to even stay on now. It will throw this error, then clockwork recovery will reboot normally, but once everything is booted it, the phone shuts down and tries to install the update again (which throws the error again). I think we need some serious help.

flooritnfly1

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Had this exact same problem.

BUT...when I hit my Menu button I got Clockwork Mod options to pop up........didn't know that would still be on there after unrooting and rerooting......

Anyway, once that happened I just wiped all data so now I am back to the state of just being done rooting.

So how does one (rooted) get the update if you can't get it the "normal" way??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781