SMS Sending Problems

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
So this just really started to me last night and somewhat today. Text messages will send, but if you use Handcent or GoSMS, you can see the status if you are sending to another Verizon user by wanting delivery reports. My issue is, my phone sends the text messages, but sometimes they stay pending for a while and usually take a long time to send or I need to reboot or cycle the radio.

Here is some info of my phone:

ROM: Vanilla Bean 1.2 (also had same issue with BAMF 1.4.3)
Baseband: 1.16.00.0402w_1 (radio file from thread that has new CDMA but old LTE)
Kernel: 2.6.32.21 BAMF 4.3a

Not sure what I should do at this point whether I should return to stock or call Verizon to try and get a refurb (after I return to stock of course). Weird thing is, I can browse the web or do anything else that would require service including phone calls. Anyone have this issue who could suggest anything?

angiebugg

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I had this happen as well. It was pretty random though. One day it happened during a thread with someone and the next day it was fine, then again a few days later it happened. So I can't really pinpoint the issue when it is not consistent....

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I'm having the EXACT same problem. It started last night. Last night a battery-pull did the trick. Tonight it's not. Messages go out eventually, but after several minutes only.

BTW, this only happens at home, not anywhere else. Anywhere else it's beautiful. My reception at home does suck, but I got a Verizon Network Extender to solve the problem. I get 4 bar reception now, and I can't send out a freaking text message. This is driving me CRAZY.

HELP!

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Update. That second battery pull was NOT the answer I'd hoped it was last night. Continued problems existed until the wee hours. It was as if there was a clog, as silly as that sounds. 3, 4, or 5 messages would pile up, unsent, and stay that way for 10 minutes ..... and then whoosh, they'd all go out. Yet now, this morning, I lean against the very same desk I sat at last night and now they're going out just fine.

Maybe this is just a sign that I should get out more at night? ;-)

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I think that it might have been an issue with Verizon, because yesterday it only happened in the morning for about an hour or so and it worked pretty much perfectly all day besides that. An occasional issue at night like I had happen before but only did it one time.

Mine seems to be working now fine *crosses fingers*. I thought it might be the radio too, but I am running the leaked new radio and no issues today so far.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Let's stay in touch on it. It was a NIGHTMARE for me last night, but much better this morning.

Are you by any chance using a Network Extender?

racermech

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Same thing to me last night. I was in 4g (first time since the update) and the message was pending, this is using GoSMS. Went home back to 3g and everything worked fine. Back to 4g again last night and texts went fine.

I wonder if this is part of the 4g/3g handover that the update was supposed to address?

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Same thing to me last night. I was in 4g (first time since the update) and the message was pending, this is using GoSMS. Went home back to 3g and everything worked fine. Back to 4g again last night and texts went fine.

I wonder if this is part of the 4g/3g handover that the update was supposed to address?

Well, maybe, but my understanding was that SMS had nothing to do with data. It's worth a try for me, though, since 4G isn't even an option here.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Saturday morning, 0725.

Had a bit of an easier time last night, up to a point. Messages were going out pretty quickly, as they should with a network extender in place. But at one point a good 5 or 6 messages just got hung up. After about a 15 minute wait, beep beep beep, they all went out rapid fire. I'm very suspicious of this network extender, because I shut it off for a whole and actually got better results. Makes no sense, and is really starting to infuriate me.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok, does anybody know if there's an inherent incompatibility between the Thunderbolt and the Verizon Network Extender?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC