Post OTA Battery Life Issue Under Investigation by HTC

Dragon1473

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Verizon Customer Service regarding the battery life since the upgrade, and the representative told me she had received numerous calls about this and that there was actually a note in their system saying that HTC has begun investigating the issue.

She said the only two things that popped up in the system other than that were to purchase an extended battery or try a hard reset, but she said the reset was at my discretion and I may want to hold out and see what occurs from the investigation.

From what the representative told me ,it seems to be hit or miss on people having problems with the battery life, but she has gotten many more people complaining that the life has been atrocious instead of seeing no change or an improvement.

So, here's to hoping what the representative actually told me is true....and hopefully we'll hear something regarding this shortly. Has anyone else heard anything similar?

Komodod

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Such strange inconsistencies. I have noticed much difference. Signal is about the same....gps is meh....battery is no different. Maybe my download didnt count. ????

Dragon1473

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
My battery life has definitely tanked.... I went from 98% to dead in under four hours last night. With almost no use since I was at a party.

danean69

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Thunderbolt Update issue

My Thunderbolt has the reboot issue since the update. And the battery is alot worse. I do have the extended battery but havent tryed it yet with the update. This is a really nice phone if HTC could just get the bugs fixed especially with the battery.

Dragon1473

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I've been grateful that I have not had the reboot issue, but my phone is also recharging slow as hell (especially over USB). For the most part, my phone sits at my desk with the USB charger recovering what was used during my commute. I am normally good to go by 5. Not the case today at all and I didn't come anywhere close to charged.

Dragon1473

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
My coworker hasn't had any battery issues either. She did the update at the exact same time I did. Haven't had a chance to check my mom's phone yet, but I may have her hold off on the update just in case something does happen.... she isn't always near a charger like I am.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Battery life has been about the same for me, but I'm using the 1600 slim extended battery, which took it from mediocre to somewhat acceptable to begin with. I have seen improvement in some apps syncing, especially the first-party Facebook app (the widget never used to update, now it does). No reboot issues whatsoever, and I really never had the hand off issue either. One question: did pressing the Home captive button on your home screen always bring up the leap display? If it did before the update, maybe I just never noticed it.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I got my TB on the day the ota came out, battery sucks, that's why I ordered the 2750 htc w/cover today from AC:) soon to root and see if that helps...

sent from my TB via tapatalk

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
After 4 hours on LTE with the phone on full brightness I've made 2 phone calls, browsed AC, chatted with a friend on Facebook chat, and did 2 speed tests and I'm at 75 percent.

Reactions: jkahan

Dragon1473

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
WebDev, my battery was great until I did the update. I would typically get 12-14 hours out of a charge under moderate to heavy (4sq, facebook, web browsing, calls, and texting). the battery had never lasted me less than 9 hours even on my busier days.

Latteart

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
You do realize that you only get half the current when you charge through your computer than if you charged off the wall. So it will take you twice as long to charge your battery from your computer than from your wall outlet. Just FYI.

Reactions: Alma

jubei33

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
T-Bolt owner for about 3 weeks now. I love what the phone offers in features but this battery issue is really make me wish I waited for something else. Since the update, things have really hit bottom on B-Life and I keep having reboots, so far 4 times today.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084