browser problems after ota

anonymous239411

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
When going to certain websites my browser just shuts down and returns to the home screen of the phone. No messages about force close or anything POP up? Anyone else have this?

Dragon1473

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Happened to me pre-update. Its happened maybe twice in total. It was on a non-mobile site. Maybe that does have something to do with it.

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Browsing is what I do most with my Bolt. I couldn't be happier with the speed and reliability. What browser are you using?

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
OK, another update...lol!

I was right or wrong on both counts, depending on how you look at it. Sometimes I am closing the browser myself, but sometimes it is closing itself. I figured that out a little while ago because when I close it it opens back where I was, but if it closes itself, it defaults to my homepage when I open it again. Or at least that was the case a little while ago. It's not happening often, just maybe once a day?

Weird...

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I did a factory reset and all is working again. I'm not going to reinstall the update until this problem is fixed.

Ok, you wrote that you had problems with the browser after the update. Then you said that you did a factory reset and is working fine and you would not do the update. If you do a factory reset the update remains installed so the problem you had was not the update.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt.

anonymous239411

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
QUOTE=Kronko;905639]Ok, you wrote that you had problems with the browser after the update. Then you said that you did a factory reset and is working fine and you would not do the update. If you do a factory reset the update remains installed so the problem you had was not the update.

That is correct however I thought factory reset brought the software back to original, but then I did the update again and it said no updates were available..therefore I'd assume I already have the update from doing the factory reset. Idk what was causing it but had stock browser everything was stock. I deff wasn't hitting home key cause when I would re open the browser it would be back on the home screen. Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt.[/QUOTE]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox