Is it possible to undo update?

Goat-Tee

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Thunderbolt is useless after updating the other day. When it's not shutting it's self off or rebooting, it sucks the battery dead in half the amount of time it did before and I make and receive a lot of phone calls. Is there a way to restore it to the previous version like I could do with my Blackberry? Otherwise, this phone is as useless as an iPhone to me. Very disappointed with my Android experience so far. :(

Cenzo

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Mine has rebooted 4 times and shut down completely twice since the update.

I really really want to undo the update and go back to the old version before the OTA.

Cenzo

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Mine has rebooted 4 times and shut down completely twice since the update.

I really really want to undo the update and go back to the old version before the OTA.

I can now trigger a reboot and its definitely tied to the cell radio. If I listen to Pandora streaming music via WiFi......no problem. If I turn off WiFi and have Pandora use the cell radio, it will reboot within 2 minutes.

Cenzo

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Root, then flash stock radio

To root it I have to basically start over and redo all my settings and redownload all my apps and config each one correct? Thats a lot of work. I'll just use Pandora over Wifi only and baby the phone until they either come out with a fix or the ability to rollback the update.

Goat-Tee

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
So, I take it that once you update, you can't go back. That is pretty f'ed up. Apparently the only solution to the problems with the Thunderbolt is to put it in the trash and go back to Blackberry.

anonymous239411

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I did a factory reset and I don't have the update anymore. It gave me problems while browsing, it kept restarting on me without any error or force closed messages.

anonymous239411

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I did a factory reset and I don't have the update anymore. It gave me problems while browsing, it kept restarting on me without any error or force closed messages.

Actually I can't confirm at this time of the software version. However after the factory reset my browser doesn't close and restart. Id look up the version numbers now but I'm out at a birthday party.

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

This does not work this way as I mentioned in other post you started.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt.

mrtonk

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I can now trigger a reboot and its definitely tied to the cell radio. If I listen to Pandora streaming music via WiFi......no problem. If I turn off WiFi and have Pandora use the cell radio, it will reboot within 2 minutes.

This OS interesting. I don't reboot; I just shut down once or twice daily. And I just streamed Pandora over 3g just fine for an hour.

SF DINC

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Root, and you can do whatever you want to your phone......flash radios, Rom's, Kernals, Themes......you guys are not using this phone to its fullest.....

Vegan1983

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Root, and you can do whatever you want to your phone......flash radios, Rom's, Kernals, Themes......you guys are not using this phone to its fullest.....

I have iberry auxus 4X MT6755 based, (unknown structure) Android Marshmallow 6.0 rom.

MTKrootanddroid tool failed to get scatter file. All root software are failed to root it and only way possible is through CWM or TWRP recovery but it can not be flash without right scatter file. Company website has not any stock rom and service center refusing to give it to me.

Any idea?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech