1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

Default Something is Wrong with My ThunderBolt

There must be something wrong with my TB. It doesn't Re-Boot on its own (OTA installed), gets 16-18 hours between nightly charges (live in 4G area, screen on auto), phone quality is the best of the 10 prior smartphones I have owned, kickstand isn't peeling, there is no dust under my screen, emails received and sent without problem, same with texts, GPS now locks within 10 seconds and location is accurate. Thank goodness I still have that bloatware stuff, because I am not rooted, so I have something to moan and groan about.

Makes me wonder about the thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of consumers that bought this phone because, well it is a phone, never read sites such as this and use there device and enjoy it for what it was intended until the next "latest and greatest" comes along and they have an upgrade available.
    -----------------------------------------------
    The brightest Thunder-Bolt is elicited from the darkest Storm. Charles Caleb Colton ...
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Synergy

I've been very happy with this phone as well, no major problems to report.

Forums like these tend to give the outside observer a negative viewpoint because people voice their opinions more when they're having problems, and not when everything is working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by BallCoach View Post
    There must be something wrong with my TB. It doesn't Re-Boot on its own (OTA installed), gets 16-18 hours between nightly charges (live in 4G area, screen on auto), phone quality is the best of the 10 prior smartphones I have owned, kickstand isn't peeling, there is no dust under my screen, emails received and sent without problem, same with texts, GPS now locks within 10 seconds and location is accurate. Thank goodness I still have that bloatware stuff, because I am not rooted, so I have something to moan and groan about.

Makes me wonder about the thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of consumers that bought this phone because, well it is a phone, never read sites such as this and use there device and enjoy it for what it was intended until the next "latest and greatest" comes along and they have an upgrade available.
    The symptoms you have described are not normal for the TB, you should try dropping it in the toilet a couple times then plug it into a 220 outlet. That should help bring it in-line with everyones else's TB.

Perfectly said my friend.

Yep - lovin' my T'bolt. Don't live in a 4G area yet, but I've been able to spend a couple of weeks in one while traveling - very very happy with my phone.

Same problems here, Damn thing works fine...oh the humanity!

ROM
    None

Mine is having the same issues as yours NONE!
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

Looks like you 5 are in the minority! I'm having less issues than some. But I'm still getting one reboot or shut down a day. Based on the amount of threads and number of posts on here about the issues post OTA, you guys are lucky...or rooted! Lol.

Pre OTA was fine. I'm not too worried as I'm sure it will be fixed. I've experienced worse OS updates than this on my Blackberry.

Wow!!!!! And I thought I was the only one with that bad of problems, This piece of crap won't screwup.

Same here, no problems with my junkily awesome Thunderbolt!

Oh thank you for posting this! I thought I was the only one with a "messed up" Bolt. I've got the EXACT same problems!

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts

Me too. Having nothing to ***** about us boring.

Hey it's not like we want to *****, if you were getting a dozen reboots a day as well you'd be wondering what the hell the problem is. And no it's not the hardware, I don't recall it ever rebooting before the OTA update.
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

This is my second TB, the first had some cosmetic issues ... This one works great, battery could be better but I knew what I was getting into when I bought it...

sent from my TB via tapatalk

sorry to say but no issues here either.

ROM
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_is_Mike_is View Post
    The symptoms you have described are not normal for the TB, you should try dropping it in the toilet a couple times then plug it into a 220 outlet. That should help bring it in-line with everyones else's TB.
    A contrario! Believe it or not, the symptoms he describes *are* the norm for the Thunderbolt... see on these forums (and at my work, I might add) most posts are about phones not working. At least here, unlike at my work, people posts about how good their phone is... Nobody calls Tech Support to tell them how awesome everything is working...
    Former Verizon Wireless Technical Consultant
    Thanked by 2:
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mortiel View Post
    Nobody calls Tech Support to tell them how awesome everything is working...
    We often need to be reminded of that. Truth be known I think most Tech Support professionals would report that they solve most problems by educating the User not actually having to fix anything.
    -----------------------------------------------
    The brightest Thunder-Bolt is elicited from the darkest Storm. Charles Caleb Colton ...

Gladly I can say my phone has not had any issues either. What I find strange, though is that I have owned the D1, Fascinate, and the TBolt. In the forums all of these phones have a lot of posts with many of the similar issues, battery, reboots, signal quality, but yet on all of my phones I have not seen these issues. Granted I do root all of my phones and remove bloat but I do not go buckwild on installing apps, and with the TBolt I have not even felt the need to change ROMs just remove the VZW garbage. I know that with mass production there are going to be lemons but I also wonder how many problems are related to apps, ROMs, and skins compatibility that are being installed.

Just a thought.
    If at first you don't succeed, read, read again.

I've only got problems with GPS. Everything else is good.

That is my only issue as well, and since the OTA my gps has improved slightly. But no re boots or major battery issues. It's been a solid/great phone since day 1!
    HTC Thunderbolt, Droid Incredible, Moto Droid

Relieved to hear my great experience with the TB is not unique.

Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock w/ Root

I FINALLY got my thunderbolt running absolutely flawlessly, and now my Up Volume rocker doesn't work. DOH!

ROM
    N/A

We often need to be reminded of that. Truth be known I think most Tech Support professionals would report that they solve most problems by educating the User not actually having to fix anything.
    Root causes for problems with cell phones stem from one of four places: Account, Network, Device, or Education (or lack thereof). That is VZW Tech Support 1.01.

That means 25% part of our job as Tech agents is to educate people on how things work.

Although I will vent a little on the education theme. I had to listened to a call today where a woman called in to get help from VZW on getting her PDAnet working on a 3G android...

ROM
    Synergy

Too bad most of the tech agents out there don't know much more than the people calling them for help.

ROM
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by nate44 View Post
    Too bad most of the tech agents out there don't know much more than the people calling them for help.
    Oh the vast majority of calls the Tech agent does know more. I've come to learn not everyone has the passion for technology, the knowledge, AND the ability to communicate well. Its in the latter that Tech agents pass or fail majorly.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Wireless Technical Support