Random Rebooting problem after OTA

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I did a factory reset and no reboot so far. Only time will tell. I know doing so sucks but you have to do what it takes to play. Still love it.

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah.mine has been rebooting too about every three hours now.all since the ota update had occurred.called vzw, their answer was to take it to the vzw store to see if they can trouble shoot it.if this continues over the next day.i will go to the store on monday.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

dmarlow83

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Yea I've had mine reboot a dozen times today, no idea what the hell is actually triggering it though, I can't believe that it is just totally random and it's obviously attributed to the newest radio firmware... I'm debating on calling Verizon and *****ing up a storm, but honestly 1) I don't think there's anything they can do about it 2) if there was they wouldn't know how to do it and 3) they probably don't care.

I think this **** is getting out of control through, half available storage space and piss poor updates, not to mention the **** ton of bloatware and the fact that if you do ANYTHING about it the phone loses it's warranty, it's my damn phone, if your hardware sucks why is it my fault when I'm changing the software? Computer companies don't tell you if you install linux you void your warranty, why should a phone company?

superbleester

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I completely agree. My phone was fine before the update.Now my phone reboots alot.My battery is amzing now I must say,I am pleased with that.

jjcampnr

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm rebooting constantly (stock, only app is Angry Birds) and haven't had uptime over 20 minutes since the update while unplugged. Odd thing is if I plug the phone it it doesn't reboot that I've seen, only when unplugged.

Definitely call Verizon and complain, that way they can track the issues and know it's a real problem that is impacting more than one or two people. When I called today they said they hadn't received any calls of random reboots being caused by the OTA so the more people calling in the better.

mannw1977 - Make sure to let us know if the factory reset fixes the issue for you. I don't want to bother if it isn't going to resolve the problem.

Vincetybor

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
My phone was rebooting every 2-3 min for a couple of days. I tryed pulling the battery, factory reset with the memory card out to see if there was something on my memory card causing it and still nothing. After a week on the phone with tech support and this being a certified phone cause my 1st thunderbolt had no network connection I convienced them to send me a brand new one. They told me they cant do it but if you complain enough they will do it. But now I'm nervous that even with a brand new one that will be here Tues. I'll still have the same issue. I love my phone but its starting to get old...

danean69

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Mine has been rebooting alot. I have gone in and deleted the app My Verizon that someone leaked last week. Have not had a reboot since. Something just got me to thinking that the rebooting started after I downloaded this app not the update.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Dumb questions....how do you do a factory reset and do you lose all your apps? All of mine are free apps...

Menu /settings / sd and phone storage / factory data reset.

Yes you will lose all your apps. But payed ones are still linked to your google account. Also your can use the app "my backup" to save your apps+ data associated with them (so your don't lose your levels on angry birds)

Once you reset simply re download my backup and choose the restore option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20