Please help create a list of known issues for HTC

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
So currently I have open support ticket with HTC taking very serious issues on random rebooting and other issues I have mentioned. Such as :

1) HTC Sense Facebook & Twitter settings being reset to default on reboot.
2) Power Saving feature when diabled still activating itself and hardlocking the phone in 1x
3) Random reboots with possible issue of radio handoff between two towers or just bad radio
4) Overall battery life
5) Phone claiming to lose 5-7 perc of battery life on a restart or shutdown and reboot

I mentioned the issues are very common and 1000's of people mention same issues on XDA forums and here. They were curious if we could get a consise list of known issues. They know that some people will have specific issues and that sucks but they are looking more towards major issues that are affecting more then small number of people. Please help me create a list that I can pass on to HTC in hopes they will continue there great track record of support in addressing and trying to fix these issues in GB update or in a timely manner to improve the phone we all love. Thank you

Would prefer if folks could keep the format I have used to keep it easy to add to this list so PLEASE no order of importance just want you to list the issues unless you want to list them in how important they are to getting fixed for yourself.

Number your list similar to mine. Would also be nice to know if you are willing to answer these few questions so we can get a bit more specific of answers.

(Please answer if possible before listing the issue)
  • My phone is in what coverage area?
    3G or 4G or 1x
  • My phone is stock or rooted?
    Stock or Rooted
  • My phone is currently running on Wifi during these occurance.
    Yes or No
  • My phone is currently using "Connect to PC" function.
    Yes or No
  • My phone is using what type of battery
    Stock or HTC 2750 or Aftermarket
1) [List issue here]
2) [List issue 2 here]

Last edited:

sabato

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Bluetooth volume is too low - both ends, but esp my end. I definitely have this problem with my TB on three bluetooth devices that didn't have it on my Droid 1.

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Not being able to sync Facebook, people who are in your phone contacts only. Since it will put all of your facebook contacts in the Phone Dialer of your phone. There is no way to remove them from your dialer, unless you dont sync Facebook

Not sure if others have this problem...but if my phone is in sleep mode and I come into the house my phone wont connect to wifi until I awake the phone.

Vlosaloty

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
My only complaint would be the custom ringtones I have set up with certain contacts always playing the default ringtone

d1ez3

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
It's A LOT more than 5-7% battery loss on restarts, on all of my random restarts (5 a day) since the update I lose up to 20% of my battery and basically because of the restarts that I can't stop my phone is dead in the middle of the day when I need it. I'm really angry about this.

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
d1ez3 I was posted what was going on with my device. Hence why I want everyones input because as much as I realize there are tons of issues. Some folks are actually going to track down what is going on when things happen to cause these problems. Some issues are happening to only a few people and specific to certain areas (network problems/outages) So please contribute your issue with as much information as possible so I can link this thread and pass it on.

Mustanggirl05

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
The white noise/hissing sound during a call. I have heard many other people having this problem, and I even returned my first TB for another one because of the loud white noise, but the second one I got also made the same noise.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital