3G stopped working - must restart.

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Gang -

This AM I turned on the HTC and came up ok. But 3G/4G did not. In fact no data connection for my entire drive.

This has happened a few times. After a restart, all is well. Even the LTE on/off won't force it to behave.

Is this a common issue?

Rooted stock Thunderbolt.

Thanks gang!

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
common for me,---Stock, accepted OTA this past Thursday

it's becoming a common occurrence for at least my 1 morning unexpected reboot on the way to work & then 1X to pop up for about 20 minutes until i reboot it manually.
the airplane mode trick & PhoneInfo trick don't seem to fix it, either.

odd.

Last edited:

pete1118

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Gang -

This AM I turned on the HTC and came up ok. But 3G/4G did not. In fact no data connection for my entire drive.

This has happened a few times. After a restart, all is well. Even the LTE on/off won't force it to behave.

Is this a common issue?

Rooted stock Thunderbolt.

Thanks gang!

You did not mention if your phone has had the OTA update done or not. Mine was fine until the OTA now 3G keeps dropping out and sometimes switches to 1X on mine. Also getting some reboots but only when using the GPS so far.

SAVJR

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I am on my 3rd Tbolt still waiting for the OTA. I have had nothing but problems with this phone and unfortunately it will not hold 4G

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
The radio part seems to take a dump. Lose both 3G & 4G and while see's the local WiFi, it is not connected. Turn Airplane mode and then acts all stupid n stuff. Finally, a restart.

Not amused.... Stock rom but rooted and far as I can tell, no update.