1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New OTA Software Update???

My phone just rebooted by itself and when it was done there is now a "Software Update" screen showing that says Name: Mecha_VERIZON_WWE_1.13.605.7-1.12.605.6.

I already installed the OTA that came out a few days ago. What is this one?

ROM
    Bamf Paradigm

Quote Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
    My phone just rebooted by itself and when it was done there is now a "Software Update" screen showing that says Name: Mecha_VERIZON_WWE_1.13.605.7-1.12.605.6.

that's the same identifying number as the previous OTA that you already accepted...

are you rooted?

If you go to the Settings > About phone > Sofware information, if your Software number is 1.13.605.7 then you are current.

ROM
    N/A

I am almost certain 1.13.605.7 is the firmware that came out a week or so ago, which everyone has now.

Are you sure you INSTALLED it and not just DOWNLOADED it? Did you see that same loader screen saying "Software Update" and "Mecha_VERIZON_WWE" before? If not, then you did not install the update, and it just was installing it now.
    Former Verizon Wireless Technical Consultant
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

No, not rooted. A random reboot and then a Software Update screen. I selected "OK" and nothing seemed to happen. My software version is 1.13.605.7.

Yes, I'm positive it installed last week as it rebooted and I watched the progress indicator as it reflashed.
    Last edited by LBTRS; 05-17-2011 at 01:50 PM.
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

Mine just rebooted too. Though it's probably coincidence since that was my third reboot today. I then checked for new software but none.

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mortiel View Post
    I am almost certain 1.13.605.7 is the firmware that came out a week or so ago, which everyone has now.
    Wrong... and from the sound of it, it sounds like I'm lucky I haven't received it yet

Quote Originally Posted by dchawk82 View Post
    Wrong... and from the sound of it, it sounds like I'm lucky I haven't received it yet
    Wrong... I didn't have any issues prior to the update and I still don't have any issues. If anything I'm getting even better battery life. Don't base your opinion on the loud voices of those who have issues. You may in fact be missing out. I didn't think I had any issues with my battery before, but now I have even less issues with it because it lasts longer.

ROM
    N/A

No, not rooted. A random reboot and then a Software Update screen. I selected "OK" and nothing seemed to happen. My software version is 1.13.605.7.

Yes, I'm positive it installed last week as it rebooted and I watched the progress indicator as it reflashed.
    Then it sounds as if the update installation is failing. You may have to to a factory data reset to correct it.

Just make sure you have everything backed up before you do it!
    Former Verizon Wireless Technical Consultant

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts

I had a screen popup saying to apply the update again a couple of days later, but it looked like it was just an extra notification message. After clicking OK it didn't do anything so I disregarded it.

Guys, I've also got his after a randon reboot on Sunday...but nothing happened after selecting OK.
    I'd already installed the last week's s/w push and not sure what this Meca thing is about.

Anyway, I'm waiting for Gingerbreak/Sandwich...hope this Meca push is for that :P

ROM
    Stock Rooted 4.0.4

I just got my first reboot around 5:30 EST. Possibly they are messing with things on their end?

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Is there a way to update without OTA, it has not pushed to my phone and when I go through Settings is indicates that the service is not available. Thank you for your help