Looks like our fearless leader got a response on the reboot issue from Verizon.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Phil Nickinson complained about the reboot issue on Twitter and Verizon support replied as follows:

"We have partnered up with HTC to provide a solution to the device reset issue. We will keep you informed."

So, there you go. :0)

Reactions: Chrisy

dchawk82

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I guess it's a blessing in disguise that I still haven't received, and can't seem to force it, the update yet. That's great news that they're addressing it though.

richardpandy

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
Ha - so they can push another update that doesn't do much. I have given up hope on both VZW and HTC. They will just pump out more phones so we are the minority and they don't listen.

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
My phone was rebooting constantly the first day i got it. So i returned it DOA and have not had any reboots on my new phone.

Sokar

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, though, I *just* started getting reboots. :p

I did the update last Thursday. For the first few days, it didn't reboot any more than it did before, that is to say that it did seem to reboot itself every couple of days or so.

It wasn't until today that it turned into a flood of reboots. About once every hour. I know it did it a few times yesterday as well, but it's constant now.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Does "reboot" mean the same as a dropped call?

reboot means reboot i.e. the phone turns off and turns back on going through the whole storm/thunder animation. I've only noticed the reboot in flakey signal areas which just so happens to only be my parents house so I just avoid it. lol

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Do a master reset and re load the OTA before loading everything back on the phone it fixes the issue. Some phones just didn't load the OTA properly for some reason.

Not always... just sayin'.

Some people still experience power cycling even a factory data reset. If that does not work call VZW Tech Support at 800-922-0204 option 3. Tell them you already did a factory data reset and nothing changed so you can look into getting a replacement.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Not always... just sayin'.

Some people still experience power cycling even a factory data reset. If that does not work call VZW Tech Support at 800-922-0204 option 3. Tell them you already did a factory data reset and nothing changed so you can look into getting a replacement.

Well if its still rebooting after its had a master reset then the handset is defective and needs replacement. "Its REFURB Time!!" :mad:

Last edited:

kaufmansm

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
never had the reboot issue until today. I did the update last week whenit was available. rebooted about 4 times already today. This phone is pissing me off !!

Gav508

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I guess it's a blessing in disguise that I still haven't received, and can't seem to force it, the update yet. That's great news that they're addressing it though.

Don't do it even it the update shows it's ugly head. I am getting numerous random reboots and my GPS now takes forever to lock. Before the update never had a reboot, and gps was sometimes slow but no where near what this update has done. I asked VZW tech if there was a way without rooting, to put back the old software and was told unfortunatley no.

mercury694

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Mine reboots often with Pandora running, and sometimes with Google Maps. It never once rebooted before the OTA update, to my knowledge. Now it reboots quite a bit, sometimes 4 times a day. Oddly, the thunderbolt animation at boot up no longer includes sound. Not sure if that's by design or not.