Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

Default Looks like our fearless leader got a response on the reboot issue from Verizon.

Phil Nickinson complained about the reboot issue on Twitter and Verizon support replied as follows:

"We have partnered up with HTC to provide a solution to the device reset issue. We will keep you informed."

So, there you go. :0)

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

I guess it's a blessing in disguise that I still haven't received, and can't seem to force it, the update yet. That's great news that they're addressing it though.

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock w/ Root

Ha - so they can push another update that doesn't do much. I have given up hope on both VZW and HTC. They will just pump out more phones so we are the minority and they don't listen.
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,976 Global Posts

Seriously, though, I *just* started getting reboots.

ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    Do a master reset and re load the OTA before loading everything back on the phone it fixes the issue. Some phones just didn't load the OTA properly for some reason.

ROM
    Pure Google/CM7

My phone was rebooting constantly the first day i got it. So i returned it DOA and have not had any reboots on my new phone.

ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.10

Does "reboot" mean the same as a dropped call? There had been some dropped calls before the update, but after the update nearly every call gets dropped.

I did the update last Thursday. For the first few days, it didn't reboot any more than it did before, that is to say that it did seem to reboot itself every couple of days or so.

It wasn't until today that it turned into a flood of reboots. About once every hour. I know it did it a few times yesterday as well, but it's constant now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alma View Post
    Does "reboot" mean the same as a dropped call?
    reboot means reboot i.e. the phone turns off and turns back on going through the whole storm/thunder animation. I've only noticed the reboot in flakey signal areas which just so happens to only be my parents house so I just avoid it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Alma View Post
    Does "reboot" mean the same as a dropped call? There had been some dropped calls before the update, but after the update nearly every call gets dropped.
    No, it completely powers off and restarts.

ROM
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidXTC View Post
    Do a master reset and re load the OTA before loading everything back on the phone it fixes the issue. Some phones just didn't load the OTA properly for some reason.
    Not always... just sayin'.

Some people still experience power cycling even a factory data reset. If that does not work call VZW Tech Support at 800-922-0204 option 3. Tell them you already did a factory data reset and nothing changed so you can look into getting a replacement.
    Former Verizon Wireless Technical Consultant

ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Mortiel View Post
    Not always... just sayin'.

Some people still experience power cycling even a factory data reset. If that does not work call VZW Tech Support at 800-922-0204 option 3. Tell them you already did a factory data reset and nothing changed so you can look into getting a replacement.
    Well if its still rebooting after its had a master reset then the handset is defective and needs replacement. "Its REFURB Time!!"
    Last edited by AndroidXTC; 05-17-2011 at 03:27 PM.

never had the reboot issue until today. I did the update last week whenit was available. rebooted about 4 times already today. This phone is pissing me off !!

Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dchawk82 View Post
    I guess it's a blessing in disguise that I still haven't received, and can't seem to force it, the update yet. That's great news that they're addressing it though.
    Don't do it even it the update shows it's ugly head. I am getting numerous random reboots and my GPS now takes forever to lock. Before the update never had a reboot, and gps was sometimes slow but no where near what this update has done. I asked VZW tech if there was a way without rooting, to put back the old software and was told unfortunatley no.
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

I guess I'll try the factory reset.

I've only had 2, if I start to get them I'm going to be very angry haha
    Device history:
    Storm 1 > Tour > Droid > Droid Incredible > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Motorola Razr HD MAXX & Nexus 7

Dont got this problem. Idk wat yall be doing with yall phones

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts

My uptime is showing 123 hours. I haven't seen this issue yet on my TB.
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli1490 View Post
    Dont got this problem. Idk wat yall be doing with yall phones
    My device reboots a lot when I use Google Navigation and/or GPS apps.

Mine reboots often with Pandora running, and sometimes with Google Maps. It never once rebooted before the OTA update, to my knowledge. Now it reboots quite a bit, sometimes 4 times a day. Oddly, the thunderbolt animation at boot up no longer includes sound. Not sure if that's by design or not.

Global Posts
    614 Global Posts

darn it!

i just got my first reboot!

nooooo!!!!!1

Quote Originally Posted by mercury694 View Post
    Mine reboots often with Pandora running, and sometimes with Google Maps. It never once rebooted before the OTA update, to my knowledge. Now it reboots quite a bit, sometimes 4 times a day. Oddly, the thunderbolt animation at boot up no longer includes sound. Not sure if that's by design or not.
    I only had 1 reboot in a month before today. Today had 3 reboots so far. Once when using skype, twice when using slacker. I did a factory reset as well, and so far only 1 reboot when using slacker.
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

Mine reboots when using Google Navigation.

Global Posts
    614 Global Posts

It rebooted during sirius xm
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

Mine has been rebooting a lot! It likes to reboot in the middle of phone calls, which is infuriating. This thing boots quicker than the Blackberry of old, but still takes a couple of minutes.

Hopefully the fix this ASAP. Doing a factory reset is a huge PITA. Getting all your free apps/sideloaded apps back on and setting up your shortcuts/widgets takes forever...

Oh yeah, and since the update my battery sucks balls. Some update...thanks VZW.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast