just got this message from Htc

kaufmansm

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I understand that your Thunderbolt has been rebooting ever since you downloaded the most recent update. Scott, we are aware of this issue and our engineers are working on this issue to get it resolved as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience with us as we resolve this and apologize Scott, for any inconvenience this may cause for you. To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number . Sincerely, Terri HTC

Reactions: Chrisy

EricWiz

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Im shocked you got that answer! It's good that they are working on it but I am sure that is not helping feel much better right now...

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I have never got a re-boot. Hope it is the same if they release a new ota upgrade and I install it.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt.

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have never got a re-boot. Hope it is the same if they release a new ota upgrade and I install it.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt.

You probably haven't noticed it. I've come back to my phone and the run time says an hour, when it was really off the charger for 4 hours, indicating a reboot.

The reboots are really widespread. It's not just a few people.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
No reboots for me. I've had one random shutdown since the OTA. Hopefully it stays that. My current uptime is 71 hours (after a self reboot). Hope I didnt just jinx myself!

mudturtle5854

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I was having about 3-5 reboots/day since the OTA. I did the battery pull yesterday afternoon and have not had one since (knocking loudly on my particle board desk!!!!). Hope that HTC gets this worked out because I'm really loving this phone, even with its bugs!

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
OTA update installed last week ... Uptime 34hrs32min... Awake time 9hrs30min... Since unplugged 2hrs41min ... stock battery 87% ... LTE on ... biggest battery drain=Display ... last and only random reboot 4 days ago. Over 60 apps installed.

Sorry to hear about everyone's troubles. Maybe we should start a thread where people having the worst reboot problems list every app they have installed. Could be a common problem with a poorly coded app. Just sayin'. We haven't exactly eliminated all the possibilities here but everyone is awfully quick to affix blame.

multiple3

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I was getting reboots when I had the phone set to 3G-only mode. Now I have the phone set to use 4G LTE and it has not rebooted since.

In addition the uptime stat, the main way I notice the phone has rebooted is when my AIM app icon is not present in the status bar.

Xharakov

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I STILL have not gotten the OTA update (not by choice, it has just not showed up even trying to get it manually), and my phone reboots once or twice a week. No real damage done, but come on, it should not be happening at all unless I want it to happen :-\

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Well I wasn't experiencing reboots but I've had 2 in 48 hours now. At least they have not been frequent. Looks like the OTA is at fault since I never experienced reboots before the update. At least they are working on a solution and, hopefully, we'll have the GB udpate before the end of June.