Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default incorrect unread text message count

    In the messages application, the icons at the bottom of the screen say I have one unread text message. I deleted all of my text messages and it's still there. I rebooted the phone and that didn't help. Any ideas? I have the latest software update.
  2. #2  
    Rem
    Rem is offline
    Rem's Avatar

    Posts
    293 Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Remix v1.8.6

    Default

    From your home screen tap menu -> settings -> applications -> manage applications -> all -> Messages -> clear cache and/or data.

    To prevent it from happening again, wait a few seconds between reading a message and exiting the app. When the unread number disappears you're good to go.
    Thanked by 2:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rem View Post
    From your home screen tap menu -> settings -> applications -> manage applications -> all -> Messages -> clear cache and/or data.

    To prevent it from happening again, wait a few seconds between reading a message and exiting the app. When the unread number disappears you're good to go.
    Thanks. Clearing the data worked.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: incorrect unread text message count

    Clearing data and cache did not work. Samsung Galaxy s3 4.1.2
  5. #5  

    Default Re: incorrect unread text message count

    I just deleted the message that I thought the app think is unread, and it solved the problem.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: incorrect unread text message count

    I'm using a droid ultra. neither clearing cache or data from the "messaging" app fixed this problem for me. I still have an indicator for one unread message that isn't there. Help!
  7. #7  

    Default Re: incorrect unread text message count

    The only thing that works for me is to delete all my message threads. which is obnoxious. because it's happened 2 or 3 times just today.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: incorrect unread text message count

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Wagner View Post
    The only thing that works for me is to delete all my message threads. which is obnoxious. because it's happened 2 or 3 times just today.
    Are you using a third party launcher?
  9. #9  

    Default Re: incorrect unread text message count

    Quote Originally Posted by rusty502 View Post
    Are you using a third party launcher?
    No, I'm using it out of the box as is.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: incorrect unread text message count

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Wagner View Post
    No, I'm using it out of the box as is.
    Make sure when you open the message that you leave it open long enough for the counter to update, other than that I don't know what to suggest, I'm sure someone else will come along and help.

Posting Permissions

B