incorrect unread text message count

Eric The Duke

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
In the messages application, the icons at the bottom of the screen say I have one unread text message. I deleted all of my text messages and it's still there. I rebooted the phone and that didn't help. Any ideas? I have the latest software update.

Rem

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
From your home screen tap menu -> settings -> applications -> manage applications -> all -> Messages -> clear cache and/or data.

To prevent it from happening again, wait a few seconds between reading a message and exiting the app. When the unread number disappears you're good to go.

Eric The Duke

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
From your home screen tap menu -> settings -> applications -> manage applications -> all -> Messages -> clear cache and/or data.

To prevent it from happening again, wait a few seconds between reading a message and exiting the app. When the unread number disappears you're good to go.
Thanks. Clearing the data worked.

Travis Wagner

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm using a droid ultra. neither clearing cache or data from the "messaging" app fixed this problem for me. I still have an indicator for one unread message that isn't there. Help!

opoce

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I've had unread sms issue a few times. Reset Unread SMS app helped a few times but in the last case it just didn't work. No advice I found in forums helped. So I randomly tried installing alternative SMS managers hoping some would help. Finally Handcent helped - in settings there's 'Mark all as read' and that did the trick. I'm not using Handcent as I'm happy with the stock app but for this particular purpose it served great.

Jayesh Patkar

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
This has work for me.

First take a backup of your sms with SMS Backup and Restore app.
Then delete all the messsage from your messaging app.
Then restore all the sms using SMS Backup and Restore app.
Now again you will see count showing unread sms, but after backup restore, you will also see unread messages also.
Now delete the unread messages and your app will show message count as zero or no unread message.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar