Just Finished A Long Stint With A Samsung Charge, My In Depth Review Inside...

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
It just felt like a cheap junky plastic toy phone in my hands. Yes the screen is nice but Oooh the rest of that phone is fugly!

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Lol... I'm not going to crap on it, but those buttons on the front are terrible to me.

Sent from the "silently rooted" Bolt via Tapatalk

StayFly

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
i wasn't impressed with the screen and it was really slow. It fc on a flash site twice and i was done with it.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The Samsung Charge has a cheaper build quality than the HTC Thunderbolt? Coming from a Motorola Droid 2, I feel the HTC Thunderbolt's build quality has a cheap feeling to it. I can hear creaking in the plastic by the ear piece if I even the slightest amount of pressure on it. Thankfully, that's right on the ear piece and I never do that but I noticed it today. Plus, I had to put electrical tape on the bottom edges of my battery door because it's creaking noise is very noticeable. I prefer HTC Sense to MotoBlur but in ways I'm considering switching to the Motorola Droid Bionic if it's battery life and build quality is better.

But in no way do I regret my purchase. Just little things I've noticed that I feel are unacceptable on a flagship device. I just can't believe the Samsung Charge could feel any cheaper but anything is possible I guess.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
O
The Samsung Charge has a cheaper build quality than the HTC Thunderbolt? Coming from a Motorola Droid 2, I feel the HTC Thunderbolt's build quality has a cheap feeling to it. I can hear creaking in the plastic by the ear piece if I even the slightest amount of pressure on it. Thankfully, that's right on the ear piece and I never do that but I noticed it today. Plus, I had to put electrical tape on the bottom edges of my battery door because it's creaking noise is very noticeable. I prefer HTC Sense to MotoBlur but in ways I'm considering switching to the Motorola Droid Bionic if it's battery life and build quality is better.

But in no way do I regret my purchase. Just little things I've noticed that I feel are unacceptable on a flagship device. I just can't believe the Samsung Charge could feel any cheaper but anything is possible I guess.

Im not sure what creaking you hear the thunderbolt is 100% aluminium except for the battery door. The Charge on the other hand is 100% cheap plastic.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
O

Im not sure what creaking you hear the thunderbolt is 100% aluminium except for the battery door. The Charge on the other hand is 100% cheap plastic.
That's nuts, it doesn't feel like aluminum. The battery door was the most annoying part which clearly isn't aluminum. The other part that creaks isn't too bad, just there.

SF DINC

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Was not even impressed enough with it, that I felt the need to check it out and the brick and mortar is 1/4 of a block from my work.....my opinion from what I have read and seen via youtube.....it is a POS! Just my opinion of course.

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
O

I love my ThunderBolt but I don't know where you've been the TBolt is not aluminum unibody. This was discussed at length the day it was released and we all found out.

Here is the unibody thread where we posted when we got it:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-thunderbolt/67335-unibody-5.html

There are plenty of posts and threads about this if you search the forum as well.

That said, it still feels nice in the hand, just not aluminum unibody nice.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
P
I love my ThunderBolt but I don't know where you've been the TBolt is not aluminum unibody. This was discussed at length the day it was released and we all found out.

There are plenty of posts and threads about this if you search the forum as well.

It sure is an aluminum unibody

HTC Thunderbolt RUU Leaks

Last edited:

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
O

The unibody is aluminum, but that's on the interior. The exterior of the TB looks like metal but is plastic except for the kickstand.

C Dirty

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to really reproduce any "creaking" by putting it to my ear. I can if I put pressure on both ends, but I'm not really interested in snapping my phone in half. My case makes more noise than anything. Since this is my first smartphone, I was pretty amazed, however, at the weight difference between it and my friend's DroidX.

KingChicago

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I had a chance to play with one last night. Impressions: like others stated, the phone feels like crap, I think it has an awkward shape, I dont like the plastic buttons on the front, the screen looks pretty for video, but imo fails at everything else because it lags like hell and is much slower than the TB, touchwiz blows, the coloring looks off, the 4g signal was dropping every 20 seconds, browsing felt slower, wifi hotspot wasnt working correctly, and multi-touch was touchy as hell. Also, 2gb internal storage blows.

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

Hey that's my thread. ;)
I want my royalties now, if Lucas can do it I can.

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey that's my thread. ;)
I want my royalties now, if Lucas can do it I can.
I know it's funny I went back and read that last night. :D

The aluminum unibody is the only thing the TBolt is missing. Sucks we didn't get it. I knew the moment I picked up the demo unit that we had been cheated. I told the Verizon rep hey this isn't aluminum and before he even said anything the look on his face said it all. He bought one as well and thought it was going to be aluminum too.

And as to your royalties, the check is in the mail :D

Reactions: INK

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000