Battery Drain Cause Revealed??

kcoan3

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I am rooted and running das bamf 1.63. I keep the cpu settings at stock with 245min and 1.024max with on demand Governor. brightness at 25%. I have one gmail, one twitter account, and the android central widget syncing. I am in a 4g area all day. My on display "on time" is just under 2 hrs every day and I average around 20 min of voice calls. I have noticed some great battery life. Over the last week I have noticed battery life lasting me around 16 to 20 hrs on a single charge with the stock battery. But two days of last five days i have got between 6 to 7 hrs max with no change in usage. No new apps downloaded and nothing abnormally syncing. (like the friendstream deleting issue).

My Theory

I know its not very scientific but it has to be something with the 4G SERVICE!! To go from 7 hrs to 16 hrs on a charge is too much of a difference. Now my phone says that im getting 4g service all of the time but i wonder if the strength of the service is what is messing up my phone battery life. I am in the heart of a 4g area and not on a fringe area.

One possible fix could be taking out the battery and removing the simcard and putting it back in. I did this after my 2 days of 7 hrs and it seemed to help. (but i dont know if the 4g service just got better that day)

I use to work for vzw as a tech so i know a few tricks but it has to be something with the service.

I think the thunderbolt is the best phone that I have owned!

Any thoughts would be greatly apreciated! Hopes this helps some people understand what im talking about.

lindros2#AC

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
4G had nothing to do with my (severe) drain issues.

Nothing.

I turned 4G off and still only got 3-4 hours of battery life.

There was/is some parasitic drain that is more than just the Blockbuster app (which begs the question - what imbecile signed off on that piece of trash?).

Reactions: abomb78

akira751

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
4G had nothing to do with my (severe) drain issues.

Nothing.

I turned 4G off and still only got 3-4 hours of battery life.

There was/is some parasitic drain that is more than just the Blockbuster app (which begs the question - what imbecile signed off on that piece of trash?).

So you are saying that with only 3G you get 3-4 hours of battery life???:eek::eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20