Has Anyone Else Had No Real Problems After The OTA Like Me?

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Im having a hard time trying to figure out why im not having any problems with my phone at all after the OTA update. No reboots no problems at all 100% stable. Is it really the OTA or is it that Verizons system is not playing well with the phone itself. All these handsets are exactly the same so I doubt its the hardware. If everyone got the same OTA and mine works fine in Chicago you have to wonder if its not the "system" thats wonkey in some other Cities and its Verizons network thats at fault.

Charmed Juan

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Mine is also working as it did before the update. I still have problems with the 4G when I am at work and often get no data at all, but it's been like that from the beginning

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You're in denial. You don't have a magic device. You've not noticed a reboot probably or you won't admit it. It's most likely. Something in the OTA updates is causing the issues. It's not apps. A factory reset with no apps installed does not help.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
You're in denial. You don't have a magic device. You've not noticed a reboot probably or you won't admit it. It's most likely. Something in the OTA updates is causing the issues. It's not apps. A factory reset with no apps installed does not help.

Nope never had one reboot.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
What's most likely: that 1 in 100 doesn't have reboots or any issues. Or that you just haven't noticed yet?

Yours has rebooted and you haven't noticed.

ggpike

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Nope, not a single reboot on my phone since I got it on release day. OTA did nothing but improve already great battery life and enabled GPS to lock on in Navigation (finally). I have my phone on me at all times during the day and am always either on LTE or Wifi. I'm neither in denial or lying about not getting reboot. I'd be at Verizon complaining and getting a new phone if that was happening as this is my business phone that I run my business from when out of the office.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
What's most likely: that 1 in 100 doesn't have reboots or any issues. Or that you just haven't noticed yet?

Yours has rebooted and you haven't noticed.

Just because a lot of people on here have reboots doesn't mean everyone does. Like I said in another thread I told all of my Facebook friends and 2 of my coworkers about the update and they have not come to me saying that something is wrong with their phones and trust me they would. One of my coworkers came to me the day after he got it (knowing that I had one) asking me why he was getting force closes and I also gave him the Blockbuster fix, so he always comes to me if he has a question about the phone.

fdisker

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
No reboots or problems. Been running the leaked OTA RUU for a couple of weeks and everything just works. Battery life is quite good (drops roughly 5% per hour) and 4G speed is excellent in the central ohio area. I have no complaints.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It's just hard to believe that out of, say 100 devices, that 4 or 5 devices have no issues.

I did a factor reset, had no apps and still had reboots after the OTA was installed.

So, what is it? Why are your devices having no issues? I do think it's a file included in the OTA update. I just hope it is fixed soon.

Reactions: FrankXS

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't have the reboots often enough to be concernd. But they are there. Didn't have any pre OTA and nothing else changed.

I'm patient. I'm sure a fix will be out.

LoD_Cin

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I've had no reboots either and i think my phone runs better after the OTA. I used to get force closes on some apps such as WWF and now i don't

Makaveli1490

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I was getting reboots back in april when I was stock, before the ota

I rooted and downloaded the leaked radio and been on that since. Only 1 random reboot since

My calling works, my gps is fine

Last edited:

kalopsia

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
No reboots here except the ones I ask for (power button --> restart phone once a day).

I know it isn't just me not noticing them, because when I go to about phone and check battery, it will say my Up Time is 20+ hours. When the phone reboots, the Up Time resets to 0:00.

musicman555

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Zero reboots after OTA and I have been checking often because of these forums and get paranoid every once and a while. Other than the battery (Solved by buying the extended one) and the slow GPS lock, this phone has worked perfectly since day 1... I still feel bad for the people having such trouble but it is not an every Thunderbolt thing.

Plus it is worth mentioning again to anyone who is skeptical of us who are having no problems that people who are having problems speak out more and faster than people who are just loving their devices because they work well. I find myself checking the forum more when I am stumped about something or when I encounter what seems to be a problem.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon