1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default GPS issues remain even after OTA

Anyone else still have locking issues even after the OTA??? I've read lots of posts about better GPS lock but not for me, And still the accurancy is still off by a few blocks...i live in So Cal

I'm in socal as well. Orange county. Had problems with gps before ota and had it post ota. I did do a factory reset and now it works well!! Even locks even if I'm inside the house.

Maybe try a factory reset?
    8525 / LG Vu / 3gs /Nexus one (ATT) / Captivate / Iphone 4 (ATT) / Droid X / Thunderbolt / Evo 3d / Droid Bionic / Galaxy Nexus / HTC One X

ROM
    Stock

My gps sucks too. I also did a reset to no avail

I just can't get mine to lock in less than like 5 min. When it does lock it seems to be accurate, it's just a matter of getting a lock in the first place that sucks.

If you are having trouble with the GPS after the download try this:
    - download GPS status from the marketplace (Free). open it up and clear the aGPS cache and try it again. This has worked for a lot of folks.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by realitydigg View Post
    - download GPS status from the marketplace (Free). open it up and clear the aGPS cache and try it again. This has worked for a lot of folks.
    Did that, didn't work for me. Tried pulling the battery, didn't work. Tried everything short of a factory reset, didn't work for me. I'm not gonna do a factory reset, since I did that a couple of times after I got the phone prior to the OTA and I still had bad GPS then too.

Quote Originally Posted by sandslayer View Post
    Anyone else still have locking issues even after the OTA??? I've read lots of posts about better GPS lock but not for me, And still the accurancy is still off by a few blocks...i live in So Cal
    I don't know what the problem is, but, even with the "fixes" the GPS on this droid TB is NO WHERE NEAR as good or fast or accurate as Google maps and GPS on my Blackberry Storm1.

I have learned to live with it, but it still sucks.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by realitydigg View Post
    yeah, downloaded it but to no avail....its sad when my buddys "Hero" has a faster and accurate lock and mine just sucks!

ROM
    Stock

I am having the same problem, and did EVERYTHING to try to fix this. Battery pull, factory reset, GPS Status clearing, all did not do anything. I also came from the Storm 1 and had a much better GPS experience on that device even though as a whole it sucked. Very disappointing considering all other HTC devices work like a charm. I put a call in to HTC directly this morning and they will be sending me a new device if they cannot get a fix together for my device.

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I think it's location-based. I tried a battery pull and GPS status clearing and neither worked. Then I went to a different city and it locked within 5 seconds. So, based on my experiences, it has a lot to do with where you are.

ROM
    Stock

I'm in NYC which is known to be an extremely accurate area so I'm thinking it's phone related. Who the hell really knows though, so frustrating!!

The only time I have trouble indoors with a GPS lock is when I'm at work. When I'm home it's fine.

I don't know about anyone else but we have a signal repeater inside our otherwise highly secure building. This gives me constant 4-bars of LTE which is great because I can stream stuff like it's wi-fi, but NO lock at all on GPS until I go outside.

If I run any GPS dependent app like GasBuddy or Poynt when in the building it can't get a lock. When I go out to the parking lot for a smoke and open any GPS based app it locks instantly.

The last time I ran I ran GPS Status from my desk it got no lock at all and just kept running and draining battery. I went outside and it got a solid GPS lock in 6 seconds.

Just sayin' ... where are you people trying this from?