HTC Email issue

arcee

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
When I first got my TB I set up my email using the stock email app and it worked fine. My provider is Comcast. A few days ago, something happened, the phone rebooted and I lost my email capability. I went back in and started over but now I get various messages when I try to set up the account automatically (as I did the first time around) and it will not set up properly. I can't even get it to set up doing it manually, using the info from my Comcast account.

I have downloaded, and successfully set up K-9 but would prefer to use the stock app so am frustrated that what once worked nicely, no longer does.

If anyone has any suggestions, please send them along.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
When I first got my TB I set up my email using the stock email app and it worked fine. My provider is Comcast. A few days ago, something happened, the phone rebooted and I lost my email capability. I went back in and started over but now I get various messages when I try to set up the account automatically (as I did the first time around) and it will not set up properly. I can't even get it to set up doing it manually, using the info from my Comcast account.

I have downloaded, and successfully set up K-9 but would prefer to use the stock app so am frustrated that what once worked nicely, no longer does.

If anyone has any suggestions, please send them along.

as is the first thing anyone will say, try clearing the HTC Mail cache & then set up the account again?

arcee

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
as is the first thing anyone will say, try clearing the HTC Mail cache & then set up the account again?
OK, so, as you suggested, I went into HTC mail (menu>settings>applications>manage applications>Mail>clear cache, etc.). Started over, opened mail, entered info and got the same message I've been getting "Cannot connect to the mail server to verify your account information. Your server is not responding."

Any second suggestions?

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
OK, so, as you suggested, I went into HTC mail (menu>settings>applications>manage applications>Mail>clear cache, etc.). Started over, opened mail, entered info and got the same message I've been getting "Cannot connect to the mail server to verify your account information. Your server is not responding."

Any second suggestions?

Re input your email settings but maybe your server changed something on their side. Might be different

arcee

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Re input your email settings but maybe your server changed something on their side. Might be different

My computer email still works ok and, as I mentioned in my original post, K-9 sets up fine and works ok so I don't think there's been any changes at the server end. I'm not too technical so it's possible I don't understand what you mean by server changes but that doesn't sound like the problem to me.