Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    d1c1ple's Avatar

    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

    Default Text Messaging

    Anyone have major lag issues w/ the native sense texting app? I have to tap back, several times to get out of the application. Any recommendations for replacement? Handcent? Others?
  2. #2  
    richardpandy's Avatar

    Posts
    235 Posts
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock w/ Root

    Default

    I use Handcent and love it.
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  

    Default

    I used Handsent until it started randomly deleting my texts, now I use GoSMS (along with their SMS backup) and love it about 4 days in.
  4. #4  
    clickclick#AC's Avatar

    Posts
    66 Posts
    ROM
    Das Bamf2.1/Imoseyon1.3.5

    Default

    i used to get this issue before i rooted, i'm on Das Bamf 1.6.3 Remix and it's made my phone as smooth as butter everything loads quick and i don't get stupid bugs like that anymore
  5. #5  
    SUB-dawg's Avatar
    Nexus Lover

    Posts
    1,268 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB Build 4

    Default

    Handcent FTW!
    Follow me on Twitter!



    Add me on Google+

    Link
  6. #6  
    NotJustAPhone's Avatar

    Posts
    11,458 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,762 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

    Default

    Go SMS and Handcent are popular alternatives. Personally, I like Handcent.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    d1c1ple's Avatar

    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

    Default

    changed the vibration setting and some others I'd not yet done for improving battery life and now the built in SMS is immediate when hitting back
  8. #8  
    Accrete's Avatar

    Posts
    66 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Thumbs up

    Handcent all the way for both the Tbolts in my home : )
    HTC Thunderbolt
  9. #9  

    Default

    Go SMS is a good one..
    Follow Ya Boy @BiGTo0T
  10. #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d1c1ple View Post
    Anyone have major lag issues w/ the native sense texting app? I have to tap back, several times to get out of the application. Any recommendations for replacement? Handcent? Others?
    I have this issue as well, I have to keep using the back key to get out and sometime I will see a white screen before it will allow me to completely exit. Noob question...exactly what is Handcent and SMS?
  11. #11  
    NotJustAPhone's Avatar

    Posts
    11,458 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,762 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovy View Post
    I have this issue as well, I have to keep using the back key to get out and sometime I will see a white screen before it will allow me to completely exit. Noob question...exactly what is Handcent and SMS?
    Handcent and Go SMS are alternative text messaging apps available from the Market. Both offer more customization than the stock text messaging app.
  12. #12  

    Default

    Handcent is a 3rd party application that replaces the native SmS application. SMS=text messages
    Thanked by:
    lovy 
  13. #13  

    Default

    When you use handcent, can you disable the stock app? I tried to but couldn't...and so whenever I got a text, I had to go into both programs and check the message to get rid of the notifications.
  14. #14  
    Rem
    Rem is offline
    Rem's Avatar

    Posts
    293 Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Remix v1.8.6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kalopsia View Post
    When you use handcent, can you disable the stock app? I tried to but couldn't...and so whenever I got a text, I had to go into both programs and check the message to get rid of the notifications.
    All you have to do is disable notifications in the stock app. Open it up, then tap menu -> settings and uncheck "Received notification".

    I've been using GO SMS Pro since I got my Bolt. Very smooth - haven't noticed lag even when some of the threads reach 200+ messages.
    Thanked by:
  15. #15  

    Default

    Ahhhhhh! Thanks.
  16. #16  

    Default

    Can Verizon please finally fix the multiple text bug?
    Tired of friends telling me they get up to 4 of the same txts...
  17. #17  
    mcaspe1's Avatar

    Posts
    173 Posts
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts

    Default

    I've been using VZW's free messaging application which is pretty good I'd have to say. A lot better then the stock application.

Posting Permissions

B