How easy does the screen scratch?
05-21-2011 03:26 PM
- I am fully aware that the HTC Thunderbolt is supposed to have Gorilla Glass which is scratch resistant. All of my friends use their devices without cases but they have Droid X's, Droid 2's, etc. They have never complained about a scratch before even when I asked. However, while I have seen a couple of complaints regarding the HTC Thunderbolt's screen scratching, I haven't seen a definite answer.
I'm going to be using a Seidio Surface but would like to avoid a screen protector if possible. However, if I must have one, I need one that's simple enough to put on. If scratching is inevitable, would the Steinheil Ultra Clear be a good option with easy installation?
Sorry for making another thread regarding this. I just had to file an insurance claim after a failed Invisible Shield claim. That's why I'm avoiding the wet installation protectors.05-21-2011 04:14 AM
- I've had my Thunderbolt since launch day with no screen protector. I don't have any scratches on the screen. I carry the phone in my pocket. I do ALWAYS make sure nothing else is in that pocket with my phone.
If I put the phone in my backpack, I place it in a sunglasses case and make sure it is on the very outer pocket.
Screen still looks mint. I used to use screen protectors on my BlackBerry phones. But I don't like the way they look and feel. And I never scratched them either.05-21-2011 06:35 AM
- I've never used screen protectors. At least since my last PPC. I passed my OG Droid on to my wife with a perfect screen.
I do slide my phones into a micro fiber sunglass baggie before carrying it in my pocket. No case means I always get to play naked with my TB. LOL05-21-2011 07:19 AM
- I waited for over a month before paranoia got the best of me and I put a screen protector on mine. I always carry it in my back pocket, screen inward, and never did see any signs of scratching. Ended up going the Steinheil Ultra Clear route, though. Installation was crazy simple and it looks and feels like nothing's there.05-21-2011 11:00 AM
- zero neckThe Ever-Livingi just ordered steinheil bc the zagg brand invisible shield feels terrible (but does protect the screen very well).
i got some faint scratches from placing phone next to keys once for a second, and dropping it in a parking lot once, gorilla glass or not it is not actually scratch proof.05-21-2011 11:03 AM
- I treated my Thunderbolt like a baby for the two weeks I had it. Like super careful, because I didn't want to spend money on a protector or case until I was sure I'd be keeping it. I still made a small scratch somehow. Don't know how. Somebody here said that sand scratches it pretty easily. I happen to live in a sandy environment so maybe that's it.
I got a Boxwave ClearTouch Crystal for the Dinc2 I wound up getting because Steinheil didn't make one for the Dinc2 at that point. It's dry-apply, totally transparent, washable and reusable. It was pretty easy to put on and the stiffness of the material means it's not the sort to peel up at the edges. I feel much better having it on there. The only disadvantage I've noticed is that fingerprint smudges are more noticeable on it than on the naked glass. That aside, I'm happy with it and glad it will be in pristine condition come resale time.05-21-2011 11:28 AM
- 05-21-2011 11:52 AM
I always hated screen protectors but decided to give this one a try based on a video review and I'm glad I did. You can't tell its there, easy to apply, and fingerprints wipe away easy with a microfiber towel. So far after a few weeks its still in great shape with no signs of peeling, etc.05-21-2011 02:30 PM
- This is the best I've used.
I always hated screen protectors but decided to give this one a try based on a video review and I'm glad I did. You can't tell its there, easy to apply, and fingerprints wipe away easy with a microfiber towel. So far after a few weeks its still in great shape with no signs of peeling, etc.
Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.05-21-2011 03:02 PM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
How easy does the screen scratch?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD