Can't delete emails

mmontel

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
All the emails I delete keep reappearing. Emails I deleted from 3 days ago are appearing this morning. I have a pop3 email account. This started when I turned my phone back on when i landed after returning from a trip. My weather bug widget would not load and my email stopped working.

I have deleted the emails from my inbox and the emptied the trash folder, I have rebooted and id a battery pull. Anyone other suggestions?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Besides removing the account and re-adding it again... nothing comes to mind. I've read before about this happening with the android email app. People would put their phone in airplane mode while traveling but the phone was still syncing except it wasn't syncing correctly causing deleted or read emails to return as new.... some kind of bug. You could always login to your email account from your browser and delete them but if the problem continues everytime you travel you might want to check out K9mail in the market. It works better then the stock email app and has more features.

Tumalomike

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I both had Moto Bionics, less than 6 months old.
It recently downloaded the updated Android operating system, then my wife's phone had this same problem of trashing an email and they come right back. I told her to go to her Trash and empty it, she did and they still keep coming back. This week my phone started doing the same thing for emails. Just minutes after I trash an email it comes right back into my inbox as unread.

I'm surprised there are not hundreds of users complaining about this. I was hoping to find some clue or fix to this bug, maybe a new download for the email app.
I'll probably try the K9 app and see how that works. If any other suggestions, please help.

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
All the emails I delete keep reappearing. Emails I deleted from 3 days ago are appearing this morning. I have a pop3 email account. This started when I turned my phone back on when i landed after returning from a trip. My weather bug widget would not load and my email stopped working.

I have deleted the emails from my inbox and the emptied the trash folder, I have rebooted and id a battery pull. Anyone other suggestions?

One more thing to try is to make sure that 'Sync deleted items from server' and 'Delete mail on server' are checked in the Send & Receive section of the email account settings.

Tumalomike

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Well, I may have found the solution. I use msn email, and it looks like there is a new option (or perhaps one I did not notice before). But that seems strange since this problem just started. Go to msn options (upper right corner) and select more options. Then select POP and Deleting messages... There are two radio buttons, select the lower button that says "Do what my other program says...).

I think this may fix the problem.

susan meyer

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Besides removing the account and re-adding it again... nothing comes to mind. I've read before about this happening with the android email app. People would put their phone in airplane mode while traveling but the phone was still syncing except it wasn't syncing correctly causing deleted or read emails to return as new.... some kind of bug. You could always login to your email account from your browser and delete them but if the problem continues everytime you travel you might want to check out K9mail in the market. It works better then the stock email app and has more features.

: