Settling in with TB - have a few questions for you experienced users

gnGracie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I've had my TB for about 3 weeks now and am getting comfortable with it (although still trying to decide how to sync Outlook 2010 cal & contacts). Throughout my settling in phase I have been unable to figure out multiple things, but these are the most pressing right now:

** I recently read something about syncing Outlook 2010 through hotmail. Has anyone else tried this with any success?

** How do I make it where my pin # is entered automatically after calling voicemail instead of having to manually enter my pin number + # each time I check voicemail.

** How do I save specific emails? I have set up a "save" folder in the email accounts I'm checking on the TB, but I don't see any option to save certain emails.

** What are your "must-have" apps? So far for me it's just SwiftKey. I'm liking it MUCH better than the stock keyboard, although I wish it had arrows so I could move around the text more easily. My fingers aren't small enough to move around accurately each time.

TIA :D

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
To have the phone automatically enter your pin for voicemails:
Menu>Settings>Call>Voicemail Settings>Voicemail number... Long press your voicemail number and add a comma after the number then your password. Example: *86,1234

For the stock email app.. Open the email>Menu>More>Move to.... Saved, etc...
For the gmail app.. Open the email>Select the yellow star by the reply button>Menu>Change labels... Saved, etc...

For your Outlook & app question, I don't use Outlook so maybe someone else can help you out better.

hmfoster

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
The HTC Sync works fine. You can download the HTC SYNC from HTC for free. Once installed on both the PC and the tbolt when you plug the usb into the phone a menu appears and it lets you select HTC SYNC and then you open the HTC SYNC on the pc they will let you know that they are in sync then you can select the contacts or calender to sync and how you want ie pc latest, phone latest or either latest.

Reactions: gnGracie

gnGracie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
To have the phone automatically enter your pin for voicemails:
Menu>Settings>Call>Voicemail Settings>Voicemail number... Long press your voicemail number and add a comma after the number then your password. Example: *86,1234

For the stock email app.. Open the email>Menu>More>Move to.... Saved, etc...
For the gmail app.. Open the email>Select the yellow star by the reply button>Menu>Change labels... Saved, etc...

For your Outlook & app question, I don't use Outlook so maybe someone else can help you out better.

Thanks so much! :)

gnGracie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
The HTC Sync works fine. You can download the HTC SYNC from HTC for free. Once installed on both the PC and the tbolt when you plug the usb into the phone a menu appears and it lets you select HTC SYNC and then you open the HTC SYNC on the pc they will let you know that they are in sync then you can select the contacts or calender to sync and how you want ie pc latest, phone latest or either latest.

I tried HTC Sync, but it didn't recognize my phone. (I had posted another thread on that) I was told by another user who was getting same error message and spoke with htc sync support there was no current fix. :(

Papabird

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I tried HTC Sync, but it didn't recognize my phone. (I had posted another thread on that) I was told by another user who was getting same error message and spoke with htc sync support there was no current fix. :(

I have the same issue. Might be because I have the 64-bit version of Office 2010. Neither my contacts or calendar will sync. :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca