SMS Bug In Thunderbolt 2.3.4 Leak?

ltredbeard

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
When I was using 2.2 I noticed that the phone would open a different thread from the one I selected. Not a big deal, it was annoying, but I just paid attention.

However, I've been using the leaked TB Gingerbread (Lightning ROM B3) and noticed after sending a SMS it wasnt in the thread. Going back to the list of threads revealed that even though I typed it in thread for person A it sent it to person B. Anyone else seen this?

Here's to hoping that it just was one of the strange happening immediately after flashing a new rom.

Edit: Just happened again. WTF?

This time I was texting person A for about an hour and the phone decided to text person B. The ROM is custom, but the SMS app is the factory app. Anyone else having this issue? I thought Gingerbread was supposed to fix this.

Last edited:

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
When I was using 2.2 I noticed that the phone would open a different thread from the one I selected. Not a big deal, it was annoying, but I just paid attention.

However, I've been using the leaked TB Gingerbread (Lightning ROM B3) and noticed after sending a SMS it wasnt in the thread. Going back to the list of threads revealed that even though I typed it in thread for person A it sent it to person B. Anyone else seen this?

Here's to hoping that it just was one of the strange happening immediately after flashing a new rom.

Hmm have you tried clearing the cache force stopping and wiping the data for the message app?

Last edited:

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Nope, I did all this in recovery. I did try to use Calkulin's_Format_all zip because in the past I noticed that wiping Everything didnt seem to really wipe everything, but it didn't work.

Sorry for being unclear I meant third party messaging app

ltredbeard

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hmm you might have to contact the Tom developer, see if he has been getting complaints of this and see if he our someone else has a fix.

Ok, thanks for the help. I'm still curious if this is an overarching problem on the GB leak or just random occurrence.

As always looking for feedback.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital