Market not working after factory reset!!!

jessesmith8888

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
So after the ota and all the random reboots I did a factory reset to see if it helped.

Now the market is not working. I get a message saying download of "app name" unsuccessful please try again.

The only way I can get apps is threw web market.

How do I fix??

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jessesmith8888

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I also tried another factory reset, adding another gmail account, and force close-clear data in the market app.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

rpscott02

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
having same problem. I have an old version of the market (1.82) and it lets me download free apps but i get the 'download unsuccessful' msg on the apps i paid for. clearing cache hasn't helped

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah this seems to be an issue on Google's end. I went a did everything from clearing frameworks to flashing ROMs. I literally went nuts for 3 hours trying to get my market to work again.

Let me save you some trouble

I just pulled the battery and let the phone sit for about 30 minutes with the battery out.
(I was about to throw it against the wall.)
Maybe it was coincidence, but it worked just fine when I booted up.
So pull the battery and wait, or wait.

qbngator

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I had a simplified solution:

I went into Settings, Applications, Manage Applications. Find the Market app, then clear cache and data, force stop, and back out of and/or close it all. Reopen the Market app, and it should update itself. If it doesn't, which mine didn't, pull the battery (without shutting down the phone or closing apps), wait about 10 seconds to put it back in and turn the phone back on. Open the Market app and, again, it should update itself and your apps.

This process worked for me without having to do a factory reset. I hope it works for you.

rpscott02

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the help guys, I just tried that and still no update. Still can't dl paid apps. It's been about 2 hrs since batt pull so ill wait a bit longer

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Factory reset is what fixed it for me. I also copied my whole sd card to my comp and reformatted it, then after the market was working pasted it back.