1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Rockin' GingerBamf Sense

Cool Restoring a Rom from a Backup

Just had a question. If you do a wipe when you are restoring a backup, whats the point of the backup? You have to go through everything again anyway, why not just flash the rom from the download on your sd card? I'm still kinda new at all this, but learning quickly because of all this.

Just as an aside, being new and all, I was curious about some features of das bamf working on virusrom (which I am currently running) and I flashed re 3g and 4g and black dialer from das bamf 1.6.3 and they worked!! Proud of myself I now have my OWN custom Rom///LOL!!!

Global Posts
    6,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by wallyweaver View Post
    Just had a question. If you do a wipe when you are restoring a backup, whats the point of the backup? You have to go through everything again anyway, why not just flash the rom from the download on your sd card? I'm still kinda new at all this, but learning quickly because of all this.
    You shouldn't wipe after restoring the backup. A wipe before restoring isn't necessary. The point of to backup is to restore the phones settings, configuration, etc so you don have to manually restore it. It save time and gets you back I and running asap.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Rockin' GingerBamf Sense

Thanks, I thought so, I just needed a confirmation.

Global Posts
    6,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Thanks, Nate. Those are actually good guides because they provide visuals I've seen many how-to's and few actually have clear explanations, much less screen shots to go along with it.